- 3B2/TA8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CD99, MIC2, HBA71, MSK5X, E2 antigen
- Mouse IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD99 is a type I single chain transmembrane protein devoid of N-linked glycosylation sites encoded by the pseudoautosomal gene MIC2. CD99 has an apparent molecular weight of 32 kD and is widely expressed on a variety of tissues. CD99 is highly expressed on thymocytes, T cells, and T cell leukemias and lymphomas. However, it is absent on some B cell lines, fetal B cells, eosinophils, granulocytes and the NK-cell line YT. CD99 is involved in spontaneous rosette formation with erythrocytes and may also be involved in other T-cell and hematopoietic cell adhesion pathways. CD99 has been reported to activate a caspase-independent death pathway in T cells under some conditions. CD99 interacts with a number of proteins including ferritin heavy chain 1, karyopherin beta 1, TRIP13, cyclophilin A, annexin II, and ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2H.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human thymus
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Waclavicek M, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 161:4671.
- Pickl W, et al. 2001. J. Virol. 75:7175.
AB_2629669 (BioLegend Cat. No. 371307)
AB_2629670 (BioLegend Cat. No. 371308)
- Surface glycoprotein, type I transmembrane protein, 32kD.
T-cells, thymocytes, T-cell leukemias and lymphomas. It is absent on fetal B-cells, eosinophils, granulocytes, and NK cell line YT.
- Leukocyte migration, T-cell adhesion, T-cell death- caspase independent, and spontaneous rosette formation with erythrocytes.
- Annexin II, E2H, Ferritin heavy chain 1, karyopherin beta 1, and TRIP13.
- Cell Type
- Leukemia, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Gelin C, et al. 1989. EMBO. 8:3253.
2. Goodfellow PJ, et al. 1986. Science 234:740.
3. Pettersen RD, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 166:4931.
- Gene ID
- 4267 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD99 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.