- SMI 62 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- CDCBM, CDCBM1, CFEOM3, CFEOM3A, FEOM3, TUBB4, Tubulin beta-3 chain, tubulin beta-III, tubulin beta-4 chain, class III beta-tubulin
Covance Catalog# SMI-62R
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Microtubules are required for many well characterized functions in eukaryotic cells, including the movement of chromosomes in mitosis and meiosis, intracellular transport, establishment and maintenance of cellular morphology, cell growth, cell migration, and morphogenesis in multicellular organisms. The building block of a microtubule is the tubulin subunit, a heterodimer of α- and β-tubulin. Both of these monomers are found in all eukaryotes, and their sequences are highly conserved. TUBB3 is primarily expressed in neurons and may be involved in neurogenesis and axon guidance and maintenance.Product Details
- Mammalian, Green Algae, Molds
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Ascites Fluid (contains 0.01M sodium azide).
- The concentration is not quantified as this product is sold as undiluted crude mouse ascites fluid. The concentration might vary from lot-to-lot and an estimated concentration would be 1-3 mg/ml.
- Storage & Handling
- Store at -20°C. Upon initial thawing, apportion into working aliquots and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody. For long-term storage, keep the antibody at -80°C.
ICC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition. The extent of permissible dilution of SMI 62 beyond those recommended for general application depends upon nature and concentration of the antigen examined, species of the antigen, method of fixation and kind of section examined.
• WB: 1:1,000
• ICC: 1:1,000
• ELISA: 1:1,000
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB), immunocytochemistry (ICC), and ELISA.
SMI 62 reacts with polymerized β-tubulin. The antibody has a preference for recognizing polymerized tubulin in immunocytochemistry. This antibody helps reduce background in cell staining applications caused by unpolymerized tubulin in the cytoplasm. Reaction is observed with cold-stabilized tubulin, premitotic, interphase and mitotic nuclei and flagellar tubulin. SMI 62 reacts with most mammalian species in neuronal and non-neuronal tissue. Green algae and molds also react with SMI 62.
Observed MW is at 50 kDa.
This clone shows high reactivity towards other β–tubulin isotypes.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Zhu B, et al. 2010. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 299: L493. (WB) PubMed
- Fortune B, et al. 2008. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 49: 255.
- Product Citations
AB_2565385 (BioLegend Cat. No. 921001)
- Cell Type
- Mature Neurons
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 203068 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Tubulin beta 3, Polymerized (TUBB3) on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.