- W16171A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- H2A.X Variant Histone, H2A Histone Family Member X, Histone H2A.X, Histone H2AX, H2AFX
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Histone subunit H2A, along with subunits 2B, 3, and 4, make up the core subunits of the nucleosome octomer. An octomer contains two protomers of each subunit tightly wrapped around a ~147 bp segment of DNA. Histones have integral roles in chromatin integrity, genomic stability, and gene regulation. Post-translational modification of histones in response to certain stimuli results in alterations of nucleosomal positioning relative to DNA. Histone H2A.X is a non-allelic variant of Histone 2A that harbors a C-terminal extension and is essential for checkpoint mediated cell cycle arrest and DNA double-stranded break (DSB) repair in response to both endogenous and exogenous agents, as well as meiotic recombination events and immunoglobulin class switching in lymphocytes. Phosphorylation of C-terminal residue serine 139 by ATM (γ-H2A.X) results in the recruitment of DSB-repair machinery. Phopshorylation of H2A.X is also critical for chromatin fragmentation during apoptosis.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic human histone H2A.X peptide (127-143) conjugated to KLH.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 647 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunocytochemistry. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 647 has a maximum emission of 668 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
This product is a monoclonal antibody raised against the C-terminus of H2A.X (residues 127-143); BioLegend’s existing antibody against H2A.X (Poly6133, cat# 613302) is a polyclonal antibody which was generated against (partial), N-terminal H2A.X.
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
AB_2820097 (BioLegend Cat. No. 600205)
AB_2832825 (BioLegend Cat. No. 600206)
- Histone H2A.X is a 143 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 15.1 kD.
Ubiquitous tissue expression; nuclear localization
- H2A.X, upon phosphorylation, promotes DNA repair and maintains genomic stability. Important for recombination between immunoglobulin switch regions.
- ATM, MDC1, TP53BP1, BRCA1, MRE11, RAD50, NBN
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, DNA Repair/Replication
- Antigen References
- Chen CC, et al. 2017. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 114: 7665.
- Natale F, et al. 2017. Nat. Commun. 8: 15760.
- Bhargava R, et al. 2017. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 114: 728.
- Weyemi U, et al. 2016. Nat. Commun. 7: 10711.
- Rezaeian AH, et al. 2017. Nat. Cell. Biol. 19: 38.
- Horn S, et al. 2015. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1853: 2199.
- Reina-San-Martin B, et al. 2003. J. Exp. Med. 197:1767
- Celeste A, et al. 2002. Science 296:922.
- Mannironi C, et al.1989. Nucleic Acids Res. 17:9113.
- Gene ID
- 3014 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about H2A.X on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.