- RTK4530 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
The isotype of RTK4530 immunoglobulin is rat IgG2b, κ. This antibody was chosen as an isotype control after screening on a variety of resting, activated, live, and fixed mouse, rat and human tissues.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Trinitrophenol + KLH
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
ICFC, ICC, IHC, IP, WB, FA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this rat IgG2b, κ isotype control antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis as negative control, and the purity is greater than 95% by SDS-PAGE. Use at concentrations comparable to those of the specific antibody of interest.
- Application Notes
The RTK4530 immunoglobulin is useful as an isotype-matched control (for the relevant formats) for Western blotting, immunoprecipitation, immunohistochemistry, functional assay, and immunofluorescence microscopy. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 400643, 400644, 400671, 400672, 400675, and 400676) as negative control.
- Additional Product Notes
- Application References
- Cervantes-Barragan L, et al. 2007. Blood 109:1131.
- Zeiser R, et al. 2007. Blood 109:2225.
- Sasaki K, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 181:104. PubMed
- Duan J, et al. 2008. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 105:5183. PubMed
- Yi H, et al. 2009. Blood 113:5819. PubMed
- Schafeer JS, et al. 2010. J. Leukocyte Biol. 87:301. PubMed
- Lei GS, et al. 2015. Infect Immun. 83:572. PubMed
- Richards J, et al. 2015. Mol Cell Cardiol. 79:21. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_11147763 (BioLegend Cat. No. 400643)
AB_11149687 (BioLegend Cat. No. 400644)
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.