- 1351 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Dystrophin-associated protein A1 acidic component 1, Pro-TGF-alpha cytoplasmic domain-interacting protein 1, TACIP1, Syntrophin-1, SNT1, LQT12,dJ1187J4.5
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Syntrophins are a family of five 60 kD adapter proteins that use their multiple protein interaction domains (two PHDs and a PDZ) to localize various signaling proteins (kinases, ion/water channels, or NOS) to specific intracellular locations. In neurons, syntrophins are known as the postsynaptic density protein (PSD) that serves to connect neurotransmitter receptors (such as nAChRs) to the cytoskeleton.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Whole purified syntrophin from Torpedo californica electric organ postsynaptic membrane.
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The epitope has been mapped to amino acids 108-120 within the a-syntrophin PDZ domain.
- Application References
- Froehner S, et al. 1987. J. Cell Biol. 104:1633. (WB, IHC)
- Gee S, et al. 1998. J. Neurosci. 18:128. (IP)
- Ort T, et al. 2001. EMBO 20:4013. (IP, WB)
- Adams M, et al. 2001. J. Cell Biol. 155:113. (IF)
- Williams M, et al. 1999. J. Cell Biol. 144:1259. (IHC)
AB_2566134 (BioLegend Cat. No. 845103)
- Monomer and homodimer. Syntrophins consist of a conserved domain, two pleckstin homology domains, a PDZ domain, and a highly conserved C-terminal syntrophin unique (SU) domain. Expected MW: 58 kD.
- Adapter protein that binds to and probably organizes the subcellular localization of a variety of membrane proteins. May link various receptors to the actin cytoskeleton and the dystrophin glycoprotein complex.
- Interacts with the other members of the syntrophin family SNTB1 and SNTB2; SGCG and SGCA of the dystrophin glycoprotein complex; NOS1; GRB2; the sodium channel proteins SCN4A and SCN5A; F-actin and calmodulin; Interacts with MYOC.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Postsynaptic proteins
- Gene ID
- 6640 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Syntrophin on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Purified anti-Syntrophin||1351||WB, ICFC, ICC, IHC-F, IP|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-Syntrophin||1351||WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.