- GL3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T cell receptor γ/δ
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
T cell receptor (TCR) is a heterodimer consisting of an α and a β chain (TCR α/β) or a γ and a δ chain (TCR γ/δ). TCR γ/δ belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily, which is involved in the recognition of certain bacterial and tumor antigens bound to MHC class I. γ/δ TCR associates with CD3 and is expressed on a T cell subset found in the thymus, the intestinal epithelium, and the peripheral lymphoid tissues and peritoneum. Most γ/δ T cells are CD4-/CD8- although some are CD8+. T cells expressing the γ/δ TCR have been shown to play a role in oral tolerance, tumor-associated tolerance, and autoimmune disease. It has been reported that γ/δ T cells also play a principal role in antigen presentation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- C57BL/6J intraepithelial lymphocytes
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F, IP - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The GL3 antibody has been shown to be useful in identifying γ/δ T cells by flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry and depleting γ/δ T cells in vivo. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen sections2,6, and in vivo depletion of γ/δ T cells3-5.
- Application References
- Goodman T, et al. 1989. J. Exp. Med. 170:1569. (FC, IP)
- Cardona AE, et al. 2003. Infect. Immun. 71:2634. (IHC)
- Kapp JA, et al. 2004. Immunology 111:155. (Deplete)
- Skelsey ME, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 166:4327. (Deplete)
- Ke Y, et al. 1997. J. Immunol. 158:3610. (Deplete)
- Podd BS, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:6532. (IHC)
- Kasten KR, et al. 2010. Infect. Immun. 78:4714. (FC) PubMed
- Stadanlick JE, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 187:664. PubMed
- Van Belle AB, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 188:462. PubMed
AB_2813988 (BioLegend Cat. No. 118139)
AB_2813989 (BioLegend Cat. No. 118140)
- Ig superfamily, associates with CD3 complex.
T cell subset in thymus, intestinal epithelium, peripheral lymphoid tissues and peritoneum, most γ/δ T cells are CD4-/CD8-, some are CD8+.
- Antigen recognition; γ/δ T cells are thought to play a role in tolerance.
- Some bacterial or tumor antigens bound to MHC class I.
- Cell Type
- Epithelial cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Adaptive Immunity, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Skarstein K, et al. 1995. Immunology. 81:497.
- Harrison LC, et al. 1996. J Exp Med. 184:2167.
- Wildner G, et al. 1996. Eur J Immunol. 26:2140.
- Brandes M, et al. 2005. Science. 309:264.
- Gene ID
- 110066 View all products for this Gene ID 110067 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TCR gamma/delta on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse TCR γ/δ||GL3||FC|
|Purified anti-mouse TCR γ/δ||GL3||FC, IHC-F, IP|
|Biotin anti-mouse TCR γ/δ||GL3||FC|
|FITC anti-mouse TCR γ/δ||GL3||FC|
|PE anti-mouse TCR γ/δ||GL3||FC, SB|
|APC Anti-mouse TCR γ/δ||GL3||FC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse TCR γ/δ||GL3||FC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse TCR γ/δ||GL3||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse TCR γ/δ||GL3||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse TCR γ/δ||GL3||FC|
|Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse TCR γ/δ||GL3||FC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse TCR γ/δ||GL3||FC|
|APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse TCR γ/δ||GL3||FC|
|TotalSeq™-A0121 anti-mouse TCR γ/σ||GL3||PG|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse TCR γ/δ||GL3||FC, IHC-F, IP|
|TotalSeq™-C0121 anti-mouse TCR γ/δ||GL3||PG|
|APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse TCR γ/δ||GL3||FC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse TCR γ/δ
Purified anti-mouse TCR γ/δ
Biotin anti-mouse TCR γ/δ
FITC anti-mouse TCR γ/δ
PE anti-mouse TCR γ/δ
APC Anti-mouse TCR γ/δ
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse TCR γ/δ
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse TCR γ/δ
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse TCR γ/δ
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse TCR γ/δ
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse TCR γ/δ
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse TCR γ/δ
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse TCR γ/δ
TotalSeq™-A0121 anti-mouse TCR γ/σ
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse TCR γ/δ
TotalSeq™-C0121 anti-mouse TCR γ/δ
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse TCR γ/δ