- JES6-1A12 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-2, T cell growth factor (TCGF), Eosinophil differentiation factor (EDF), Killer cell helper factor (KHF), Macrophage-activating factor for cytotoxicity I (MAF-C I), Thymocyte differentiation factor (TDF)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
IL-2 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor which exerts its biological activity primarily on T cells. Additionally, IL-2 has been found to stimulate growth and differentiation of B cells, NK cells, LAK cells, monocytes, and oligodendrocytes. The JES6-1A12 antibody reacts with mouse interleukin-2 (IL-2).Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli-expressed, recombinant mouse IL-2
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
ELISPOT Capture, Neut, IP, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISPOT capture applications, a concentration range of 2-6 µg/ml is recommended. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 0.5-2.0 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-2 recombinant protein ranging from 250 to 2 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Capture1-3 or ELISPOT Capture4-6: The purified JES6-1A12 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated JES6-5H4 antibody (Cat. No. 503804) as the detecting antibody and recombinant mouse IL-2 (Cat. No.575409) as the standard. The LEAF™ purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture (Cat. No. 503704).
Neutralization: The JES6-1A12 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-2. For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 503706) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
- Application References
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Sander B, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. Meth. 166:201.
- Abrams J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20.
- Klinman D, et al. 1994. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.19.
- Mo X, et al. 1995. J. Virol. 69:1288.
- Karulin A, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:1862.
- Finkelman F, et al. 2003. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley & Sons, New York. Unit 6.28.
- Product Citations
AB_11150768 (BioLegend Cat. No. 503705)
AB_11150775 (BioLegend Cat. No. 503706)
AB_2814405 (BioLegend Cat. No. 503707)
AB_2814406 (BioLegend Cat. No. 503708)
AB_2814407 (BioLegend Cat. No. 503709)
AB_2814408 (BioLegend Cat. No. 503710)
- Cytokine; 15-30 kD (Mammalian)
- Proliferation of T lymphocytes, B cells, anti-inflammatory, hematopoiesis, tumor surveillance
- Cell Sources
- T cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, NK cells, LAK cells, monocytes, macrophages, oligodendrocytes
- High affinity heterotrimer of IL-2Rα/β/γ, intermediate affinity homodimer IL-2Rα (CD25; p55; Tac) and heterodimer IL-2Rβ (CD122)/γ; γ-subunit (CD132) in common with IL-4R, IL-7R, IL-13R, IL-15R
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Taniguchi T, et al. 1993. Cell 73:5.
3. Nistico G. 1993. Prog. Neurobiol. 40:463.
4. Waldmann T, et al. 1993. Ann. NY Acad. Sci. 685:603.
- Upregulated by NFAT; downregulated by TCF-8, CIF (colostrum inhibitory factor)
- Gene ID
- 16183 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-2 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.