- JES5-16E3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-10, Cytokine synthesis inhibitory factor (CSIF), B cell derived T cell growth factor (B-TCGF)
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-10 was originally described as Cytokine Synthesis Inhibitory Factor (CSIF) by virtue of its ability to inhibit cytokine production by Th1 clones. IL-10 shares over 80% sequence homology with the Epstein-Barr virus protein BCRFI. IL-10 inhibits IFN-γ, TNF-β, and IL-2 production by Th1 clones; inhibits macrophage-mediated IL-1, IL-6, and TNF-α synthesis; suppresses the delayed type hypersensitivity response; stimulates Th2 cell response (which results in elevated antibody production); and promotes mast cell proliferation in combination with IL-4.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- E. coli-expressed, recombinant mouse IL-10
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration and expiration, please enter the lot number in our Certificate of Analysis online tool.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
ELISPOT Capture, Neut, ICFC, IHC - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 0.1 - 1.0 µg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-10 recombinant protein ranging from 2000 to 15 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. For ELISA capture, Carbonate buffer, pH 9.5 is highly recommended for coating buffer.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Detection1,9,11: The biotinylated JES5-16E3 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with purified JES5-2A5 antibody (Cat. Nos. 504902 & 504904) as the capture antibody.
ELISA Capture: The purified JES5-16E3 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA when used in conjunction with the biotinylated JES5-2A5 antibody (Cat. No. 505003) as the detection antibody and recombinant mouse IL-10 (Cat. No. 575809) as the standard.
Neutralization14: The Ultra-LEAF™ purified JES5-16E3 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-10.
Flow Cytometry3: The fluorochrome-labeled JES5-16E3 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IL-10-producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry3.
- Application References
- Simkin G, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:2457.
- Kitagaki K, et al. 2002. Clin. Diagn. Lab Immunol. 9:1260.
- Khanna A, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:1346.
- Sander B, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. Methods 166:201.
- Litton M, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. Methods 175:47.
- Andersson U, et al. 1999. Detection and qunatification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag.
- Finkelman F, et al. 2003. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley & Sons New York. Unit 6.28.
- Wang W, et al. 2004. FASEB J. 18:1043.
- Brummel R and Lenert P. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:2429.
- Lawson BR, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:5366.
- Xu G, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:5358. PubMed
- Brummel R, et al. 2005. J. Immunol.174:2429. PubMed
- Kang YJ, et al. 2007. Stem Cells 25:1814. PubMed
- Seo N, et al. 2001. Immunology. 103:449. (Neut)
AB_2814423 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505037)
AB_2814424 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505038)
- Acid-labile cytokine, dimer, 17-21 kD (Mammalian)
- Cell Sources
- Activated CD8+ T cells, Th0, Th2 subset of CD4+ T cells, Ly-1+ B cells, monocytes, macrophages, keratinocytes
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, mast cells, macrophages
- IL-10R (CDw210)
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. de Waal-Malefy R, et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:314.
3. Howard M, et al. 1992. Immunol. Today 13:198.
4. Quesniaux V. 1992. Res. Immunol. 143:385.
5. Norton SK, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:2848.
- Downregulated by IL-4, IL-10
- Gene ID
- 16153 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-10 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|APC anti-mouse IL-10||JES5-16E3||ICFC|
|Biotin anti-mouse IL-10||JES5-16E3||ELISA Detection,ELISPOT Detection,ICFC|
|FITC anti-mouse IL-10||JES5-16E3||ICFC|
|PE anti-mouse IL-10||JES5-16E3||ICFC|
|Purified anti-mouse IL-10||JES5-16E3||ELISA Capture,CyTOF®,IHC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse IL-10||JES5-16E3||ICFC|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse IL-10||JES5-16E3||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse IL-10||JES5-16E3||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse IL-10||JES5-16E3||ICFC|
|Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse IL-10||JES5-16E3||ICFC|
|PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse IL-10||JES5-16E3||ICFC|
|Purified anti-mouse IL-10 (Maxpar® Ready)||JES5-16E3||ELISA Capture,CyTOF®|
|Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse IL-10||JES5-16E3||ICFC|
|PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse IL-10||JES5-16E3||ICFC|
|APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse IL-10||JES5-16E3||ICFC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse IL-10||JES5-16E3||ELISA Capture,CyTOF®,ELISPOT Capture,Neut,ICFC,IHC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-mouse IL-10
Biotin anti-mouse IL-10
FITC anti-mouse IL-10
PE anti-mouse IL-10
Purified anti-mouse IL-10
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse IL-10
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse IL-10
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse IL-10
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse IL-10
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse IL-10
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse IL-10
Purified anti-mouse IL-10 (Maxpar® Ready)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse IL-10
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse IL-10
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse IL-10
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse IL-10