- 8D4-8 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-4, Ia inducing factor (IaIF), B-cell stimulating factor-1 (BSF-1), Hodgkin's cell growth factor (HCGF), Mast cell growth factor-2 (MCGF-2), Macrophage fusion factor (MFF), T cell growth factor-2 (TCGF-2)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-4 is a pleiotropic cytokine that is produced by activated T cells mast cells and basophils. IL-4 elicits many different biological responses, but has two dominant functions. The first is regulating differentiation of naïve CD4+ T cell to the Th2 type. Th2 cells produce IL-4, IL-5, IL-10 and IL-13, which tend to favor a humoral immune response while suppressing a cell-mediated immune response controlled by Th1 cells. The second is regulating IgE and IgG1 production by B cells. The 8D4-8 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-4.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Yeast-expressed, recombinant human IL-4
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
ELISPOT Capture, Neut, ICFC, IHC, IP - Reported in literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For sandwich ELISA capture applications, a concentration range of 1.0 - 8.0 µg/ml is recommended when used in conjunction with biotinylated MP4-25D2 (Cat. No. 500803) as the detection antibody, and recombinant human IL-4 (ELISA Std.) (Cat. No. 571809) as the protein standard. It is recommended that the reagents be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: ELISPOT Capture, neutralization, intracellular staining for flow cytometry, immunohistochemical staining, and immunoprecipitation.
- Application References
- Bird, C., et al. 1991. Cytokine. 3:562.
- Prussin, C., et al. 1995. J. Immunol. Meth. 188:117.
- Hickie, I., et al. 2001. Twin Res. 4:94.
- Heeger, P., et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 163:2267.
- Jason, J., et al. 1999. Clin. Diagn. Lab Immunol. 6:73.
- Andersson, U., et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag.
- Gong, G, et al. 2009. Blood 113:837. PubMed
- Yoshino, N., et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
AB_2801088 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500719)
AB_2801089 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500720)
- Cytokine; 15-19 kD (Mammalian)
- Differentiation of naïve CD4+ T cells to the TH2 type, proliferation/differentiation of activated B cells, expression of class II MHC antigens, and of low affinity IgE receptors in resting B cells
- Cell Sources
- Mast cells, T cells, bone marrow stromal cells
- Cell Targets
- B cells, T cells, monocytes, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- Heterodimer IL-4Rα (CD124); γ-subunit (CD132) in common with IL-2R, IL-7R, IL-13R, IL-15R
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Boulay, J., et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:294.
3. Dullens, H., et al. 1991. In vivo 5:567.
4. Paul, W. 1991. Blood. 77:1859.
- Upregulated by IL-2, platelet activating factor; downregulated by TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 3565 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-4 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.