- HLy-9.1.25 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Ly9, Ly-9, SLAMF3
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD229 is a 100-120 kD glycoprotein. It is a member of the SLAM family, a CD2 subset of the Ig superfamily, known as Ly9 or SLAMF3. CD229 is expressed on T cells, B cells, NK cells, and thymocytes. It functions as a homophilic adhesion molecule through binding to CD229 itself. The cytoplasmic tail of CD229 binds to SAP and Grb2 proteins. CD229 is involved in enhancing T cell activation and Th2 polarization. HLy9.1.25 antibody recognizes epitope A in the first Ig domain of Ly9 molecule.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- 300.19 cell line transfected with the CD229 full-length DNA
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is < 0.01 EU/µg of the protein (< 0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. To obtain lot-specific concentration and expiration, please enter the lot number in our Certificate of Analysis online tool.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IP, ICC, FA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported (for the relevant formats) applications include: immunoprecipitation1,2, and immunocytochemistry3. The Ultra-LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. Nos. 326109 & 326110).
- Application References
- de la Fuente MA, et al. 2001. Blood 97:3513.
- Martin M, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:5977.
- Romero X, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:7033.
AB_2832637 (BioLegend Cat. No. 326109)
AB_2832638 (BioLegend Cat. No. 326110)
- 100-120 kD glycoprotein, SLAM family, CD2 subset of Ig superfamily
T cells, B cells, NK cells, thymocytes
- Homophilic adhesion, T cell activation, Th2 cell polarization
- Cell Type
- B cells, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Sandrin MS, et al. 1996. Immunogenetics 43:13.
2. de la Fuente MA, et al. 2001. Blood 97:3513.
3. Romero X, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:7033.
- Gene ID
- 4063 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD229 on UniProt.org
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
|PE anti-human CD229 (Ly-9)||HLy-9.1.25||FC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD229 (Ly-9)||HLy-9.1.25||FC,IP,ICC,FA|
|TotalSeq™-B1026 anti-human CD229 (Ly-9)||HLy-9.1.25||PG|
|TotalSeq™-C1026 anti-human CD229 (Ly-9)||HLy-9.1.25||PG|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.