- 390 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- PECAM-1, EndoCAM
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD31 is a 130-140 kD glycoprotein, also known as platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule (PECAM-1) and EndoCAM. It is a member of the Ig superfamily, expressed on endothelial cells, platelets, granulocytes, monocytes/macrophages, dendritic cells, and T and B cell subsets, and is critical for cell-cell interactions. The primary ligands for CD31 have been reported to be CD38 and the vitronectin receptor (αv β3 integrin, CD51/CD61). Other reported functions of CD31 are neutrophil emigration to sites of inflammation and angiogenesis.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- C3H/HeJ mouse hematopoietic progenitor cell line 3
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Spark YG™ 570 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-F - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining on frozen tissue sections. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Spark YG™ 570 has a maximum excitation of 555 nm and a maximum emission of 570 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Anti-mouse CD31 clones 390 and MEC13.3 bind to their respective non-overlapping epitopes in IgD2 of CD31.8 Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, in vitro and in vivo blocking of CD31-mediated cell-cell interactions1-4, and immunohistochemical staining5,6,7 of acetone-fixed frozen sections and zinc-fixed paraffin-embedded sections. Special Note: This antibody is not recommended for formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 102412).
- Application References
- Baldwin HS, et al. 1994. Development 120:2539. (IP, Block)
- DeLisser HM, et al. 1997. Am. J. Pathol. 151:671. (Block)
- Rosenblum WI, et al. 1996. Stroke 27:709. (Block)
- Iguchi A, et al. 1997. Cell Struct. Funct. 22:357. (Block)
- Wyder L, et al. 2000. Cancer Res. 60:4682. (IHC)
- Wiewrodt R, et al. 2002. Blood 99:912. (IHC)
- McQualter JL, et al. 2009. Stem Cells. 27:623. (IHC) PubMed
- Chacko AM, et al. 2012. PLoS One 7:e34958.
- Greineder CF, et al. 2013. PLoS One. 14:80110. PubMed
AB_2876400 (BioLegend Cat. No. 102447)
AB_2876400 (BioLegend Cat. No. 102448)
- Ig superfamily, 130-140 kD
Endothelial cells, platelets, granulocytes, monocytes/macrophages, dendritic cells, T and B cell subsets
- CD38, αV/β3 integrin
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Granulocytes, Macrophages, Monocytes, Neutrophils, Platelets, T cells
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. DeLisser HM, et al. 1994. Immunol. Today 15:490.
3. Newman PJ, et al. 1990. Science 247:1219.
- Gene ID
- 18613 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD31 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.