- 6E10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- AAA, ABETA, ABPP, AD1, APPI, CTFgamma, CVAP, PN-II, PN2, Amyloid beta A4 protein, preA4, protease, peptidase nexin-II, beta-amyloid peptide, alzheimer disease amyloid protein, cerebral vascular amyloid peptide, APP, Amyloid Precursor Protein
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Alzheimer's disease is characterized by the accumulation of aggregated Aβ peptides in senile plaques and vascular deposits. Aβ peptides are derived from amyloid precursor proteins (APP) through sequential proteolytic cleavage of APP by β-secretases and γ-secretases generating diverse Aβ species. Aβ can aggregate to form soluble oligomeric species and insoluble fibrillar or amorphous assemblies. Some forms of the aggregated peptides are toxic to neurons.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Spark YG™ 570 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Spark YG™ 570 has a maximum excitation of 555 nm and a maximum emission of 570 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
This antibody is reactive to amino acid residue 1-16 of beta amyloid. The epitope lies within amino acids 3-8 of beta amyloid (EFRHDS).
This antibody clone has been reported for use in immunohistochemistry of free-floating sections2,13.
- Application References
- Thakker DR, et al. 2009. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 106(11):4501-6. (IHC) PubMed
- Oddo S, et al. 2005. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 102(8):3046-51. (IHC-other) PubMed
- Herzig M, et al. 2004. Nat. Neuro. 7(9):954-959. (WB) PubMed
- Zheng Y, et al. 2012. PLoS One 6:39035. (IHC-F) PubMed
- Abramowksi D, et al. J Neurosci. 32:1273. (WB) PubMed
- Forny-Germano L, et al. 2014. J. Neurosci. 34:13629. (WB, IHC) PubMed
- Gowert NS, et al. 2014. PLoS One 2:e90523. (ICC, EM) PubMed
- Sandoval-Hernandez A, et al. 2015. PLoS One. 10: 0145467. (IHC-F)
- Kumar R, et al. 2016. Brain. 139:174-92 (WB)
- Miyamoto T, et al. 2016. J. Biol. Chem. 291:1719-34. (WB)
- Saito S, et al. 2017. Acta Neuropathol. Commun. 5:26-9. (IHC-P) PubMed
- Omata Y, et al. 2016. Aging (Albany NY) 8(3):427. (IHC-P) PubMed
- Peng W, et al. 2016. Neurobiol. Dis. 93:215. (IHC-other) PubMed
- Mandler M, et al. 2015. PLoS One. e0115237. (WB, IHC, ELISA) PubMed
AB_2861077 (BioLegend Cat. No. 803025)
AB_2861078 (BioLegend Cat. No. 803026)
- Amyloid precursor protein is a 770 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~100 kD. According to the UniProtKB database, APP (ID# P05067) has 11 isoforms (34 to ~90 kD) and the 770 form has been designated as the canonical form. Isoform APP695 is the predominant form expressed in neuronal tissue. Isoforms APP751 and APP770 are widely expressed in non-neuronal cells. Isoform APP751 is the most abundant form in T-lymphocytes. Aβ denotes peptides of 36-43 amino acids generated from cleavage of APP by secr
Tissue distribution: Primarily nervous system, but also adipose tissue, intestine, muscle.
Cellular distribution: Cytosol, endosomes, nucleus, plasma membrane, extracellular, and golgi apparatus.
- The normal function of Aβ is not well understood. Several potential physiological roles have been proposed, including: activation of kinase enzymes; protection against oxidative stress; regulation of cholesterol transport; transcription factor, and as an anti-microbial agent.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Kumar A, et al. 2015. Pharmacol. Rep. 67(2):195.
- Sadigh-Eteghad S, et al. 2015. Med. Princ. Pract. 24(1):1
- Hampel H, et al. 2015. Expert Rev. Neurother. 15(1):83.
- Puig KL, et al. 2012. Exp. Gerontol. 48(7): 608.
- Selkoe DJ, et al. 2016. EMBO Mol. Med. 8(6):595.
- Walsh DM, et al. 2007. J. Neurochem. 101(5):1172.
- Gene ID
- 351 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about beta-Amyloid, 1-16 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.