- 4S.B3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interferon-γ, Immune interferon, Type II interferon, T cell interferon, Macrophage-activating factor (MAF), IFN-g, IFN-gamma
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Interferon-γ is a potent multifunctional cytokine which is secreted primarily by activated NK cells and T cells. Originally characterized based on anti-viral activities, IFN-γ also exerts anti-proliferative, immunoregulatory, and proinflammatory activities. IFN-γ can upregulate MHC class I and II antigen expression by antigen-presenting cells.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partially purified, native human IFN-γ
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Spark NIR™ 685 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µL per million cells in 100 µL staining volume or 5 µL per 100 µL of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Spark NIR™ 685 has a maximum excitation of 665 nm and a maximum emission of 685 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Detection5: The biotinylated 4S.B3 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with purified NIB42 antibody (Cat. No. 502402/502404) or purified MD-1 antibody (Cat. No. 507502/507513) as the capture antibody.
Flow Cytometry3,4,6-8: The fluorochrome-labeled 4S.B3 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IFN-γ -producing cells within mixed cell populations.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: neutralization1,2, Western blotting, immunohistochemical staining of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated tissue sections, and immunocytochemistry. The 4S.B3 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IFN-γ.
Note: For testing human IFN-γ in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 430101 to 430106) are specially developed and recommended.
- Application References
- Meager A, et al. 1984. J. Interferon Res. 4:619. (Neut)
- Meager A, 1987. Lymphokines and Interferons:A Practical Approach. IRL Press Ltd, Oxford, p. 105. (Neut)
- Sester M, et al. 2002. J. Virol. 76:3748. (ICFC)
- Infante-Duarte C, et al. 2000 J. Immunol. 165:6107. (ICFC)
- Goodier M, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:139. (ELISA)
- Chen H, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:591. (ICFC)
- Smeltz RB, 2007. J. Immunol. 178:4786. (ICFC)
- Iwamoto S, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:1449. (ICFC) PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (ICFC)
- Product Citations
AB_2888716 (BioLegend Cat. No. 502551)
AB_2888716 (BioLegend Cat. No. 502552)
- Cytokine; dimer; 20-25 kD (Mammalian)
- Antiviral/antiparasitic activities; inhibits proliferation; enhances MHC class I and II expression on APC
- Cell Sources
- CD8+ and CD4+ T cells, NK cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, macrophages, NK cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- IFN-γRα (CDw119) dimerized with IFN-γRβ (AF-1)
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. De Maeyer E, et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:321.
3. Farrar M, et al. 1993. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 11:571.
4. Gray P, et al. 1987. Lymphokines 13:151.
- Upregulated by IL-2, FGF-basic, EGF; downregulated by vitamin D3 or DMN; labile at pH2
- Gene ID
- 3458 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IFN-gamma on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.