- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-21 receptor, IL-21 receptor, IL-21R, novel interleukin receptor, NILR, CD360
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-21R is a type I transmembrane protein, belonging to the class I cytokine receptor family. IL-21R contains the WSXWS motif, closely resembling IL-2Rβ and IL-4Rα. The intracellular domain of IL-21R includes the Box 1 and Box 2 elements, which are similar to the IL-9R intracellular region. IL-21R is expressed on B cells and at various levels on NK and T cells, and it is up-regulated after activation. Some leukemia and lymphoma have high levels of IL-21R, and its expression is also elevated by CD40 triggering. IL-21R forms a heterodimer with the common γ subunit (CD132), which is shared by the receptors for other interleukins, including IL-2, IL-4, IL-7, IL-9, and IL-15. Upon IL-21 ligation, IL-21R associates with JAK1 and induces phosphorylation cascade and STAT1, 3, 5 transduction pathways. Several evidences shows that IL-21/IL-21R signaling is essential for proliferation and differentiation of B, NK, and T cells. In normal B cells, IL-21 mediates cell proliferation, growth arrest, and terminal differentiation, or apoptosis, depending on their activation status. In addition, mice lacking IL-21R have increased production of serum IgE and decreased production of IgG1. After immunization, antigen-specific IgG production was impaired, indicating IL-21/IL-21R is critical for regulating immunoglobulin production. B cell development and acute CD8+ T cell response are normal in IL-21R-deficient mice, but development of memory B cells and maintenance of T cell function during chronic viral infection are impaired. IL-21/IL-21R can enhances NK cytotoxic activity and IFNγ production. In human, the loss of function in IL-21R gene leads to autosomal recessive IL21R immunodeficiency (IL21RID), resulting in dysfunction of B cells, T cells and NK cells, and a primary immunodeficiency syndrome.Product Details
- Mouse IL-21R, amino acid (Cys20-Pro236) (Accession: # Q9JHX3), with a linker and a C-terminal human IgG1 (Pro100-Lys330), was expressed in 293E cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 450 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 50.98 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 60 and 120kD respectively by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Cys.
- > 95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS pH 7.2.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method
- 25 µg size is bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg size and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Recombinant mouse IL-21R-Fc chimera binds to immobilized recombinant mouse IL-21 (Cat. No. 574502) at 2.5 ug/mL in a dose-dependent manner. The ED50 for this effect is 0.025 – 0.125 µg/mL
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are validated in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
- Cytokine receptor, disulfide bond-linked
Resting and activated B cells, T cells, NK cells and dendritic cells, activated macrophages, leukemia, lymphoma; plasma membrane
- IL-21/IL-21R induces T and B cell proliferation, B cell Ig class switching to IgG production, decreases dendritic cell function, enhances differentiation of effector and central memory T cells, and regulates T cell and hematopoietic progenitor cell homeostasis.
- Recombinant mouse IL-21R-Fc chimera binds to immobilized recombinant mouse IL-21 (Cat. No. 574502) in a dose-dependent manner.
- Cell Type
- B cells, Leukocytes, Lymphocytes, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Adaptive Immunity, Cell Biology, Cell Proliferation and Viability, Immuno-Oncology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors, Soluble Receptors
- Antigen References
- Parrish-Noval J, et al. 2000. Nature. 408: 57-63.
- Hamming OJ, et al. 2012. J Biol Chem. 287: 9454-60.
- Fröhlich A, et al. 2009. Science. 324: 1576-80.
- de Totero D, et al. 2006. Blood. 107: 3708-15.
- Ozaki K, et al. 2002. Science. 298: 1630-4.
- Kasaian MT, et al. 2002. Immunity. 16: 559-69.
- Rankin AL, et al. 2011. J Immunol. 186: 667-74.
- Kotlarz D, et al. 2013. J Exp Med. 210: 433-43.
- Akamatsu N, et al. 2007. Cancer Lett. 256: 196-206.
- Mehta DS, et al. 2004. Immunol Rev. 202: 84-95.
- Gene ID
- 60504 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-21R on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)