- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- ST2, IL-1R4, T1, DER4, ST2L, ST2V, Fit-1, IL-33Rž€, IL-33R alpha, IL-33Ra, IL1RL1, Lymphocyte antigen 84 (Ly84), IL-1 receptor-like 1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-1RL1/ST2 was initially identified in stimulated BALB/3T3 cells and is encoded by the IL-1RL1 gene that produces different isoforms by alternative splicing. In humans, four isoforms have been described: a membrane attached ST2L isoform and a soluble protein (sST2/ IL1RL1-a) that lacks the transmembrane and cytoplasmic domains, which acts as a natural antagonist of IL-33. The other splice variants are ST2V and ST2LV. ST2V lacks the third immunoglobulin motif and C-terminal portion of ST2 and is mainly present in the gut whereas ST2LV does not have the transmembrane domain. In mouse, only two isoforms are identified, membrane-bound isoform A and secreted form, isoform B. The membrane isoform of ST2L (IL-1RL1) associates with IL-1 receptor accessory proteins (IL-1RAcP) to form the IL-33R. The interaction of IL-33 to its receptor activates NF-kB and MAP kinases and induces Th2 cytokines from in vitro polarized Th2 cells. In vivo, IL-33 promotes the expression of IL-4, IL-5, and IL-13. IL-33 acts as an inflammatory cytokine in Th2-type immune responses during asthma and atopic dermatitis. It is host-protective against helminth infections and reduces atherosclerosis by promoting Th2-type immune responses. Human aortic, coronary artery, and heart microvascular endothelial cells express mRNA for ST2L and sST2 isoforms, acting as a source for sST2 proteins. In fact, sST2 is considered as a prognostic biomarker in myocardial infarction and heart failure. In addition, sST2 has been associated with other human diseases including asthma with acute exacerbation, eosinophilic pneumonia, sepsis and trauma, and exacerbated idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.Product Details
- Mouse IL-1RL1, amino acids Ser27 - Ser342 (Accession# P14719), with a linker (GSSR) and a C-terminal human IgG1 (Pro100-Lys330), was expressed in 293E cells.
- Molecular Mass
- The 551 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 62.4 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 73 and 150 kD respectively by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Ser.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in 1x PBS.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.01 ng/µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method.
- 10-100 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- When mouse IL-33 is immobilized at 5 µg/ml, mouse IL-1RL1/Fc binds with EC50 of 0.2 - 0.8 µg /mL in a functional ELISA.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue-ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
- Cytokine receptor
Membrane-ST2 is expressed on CD34<sup>+</sup> hematopoietic progenitor cells, Th2 lymphocytes, CD8<sup>+</sup> T cells, mast cells, macrophages, dendritic cells (DCs), eosinophils, basophils, endothelial, and epithelial cells. Aortic, coronary artery, and heart microvascular endothelial cells are sources of sST2.
- Acts as a decoy receptor for IL-33 and prevents its signaling through ST2L.
- Measured by its ability to bind mouse IL-33.
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Soluble Receptors, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Schmitz J, et al. 2005. Immunity 23:479.
2. Chackerian AA, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:2551.
3. Hayakawa H, et al. 2007. J. Biol. Chem. 282:26369.
4. Polumuri SK, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 189:50.
5. Demyanets S, et al. 2013. J. Mol. Cell Cardiol. 60:16.
6. Lin J, et al. 2013. PLoS One 8(4):e60963.
- Gene ID
- 17082 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-1RL1 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)