- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CD276, CD276 Antigen, B7 Homolog 3, 4Ig-B7-H3, B7H3, B7RP-2
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Mouse B7-H3 is a member of the B7 family. It is a type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein, and its extracellular domain contains one IgV- and one IgC-like domains. Mouse B7-H3 contains 316 amino acids and has 92.7% similarity with the human protein. B7-H3 mRNA is expressed in many tissues; nevertheless, the protein is not constitutively present. TREM-like transcript 2 (TLT2) has been described as a possible receptor (in mouse) for B7-H3. TLT2 is expressed in CD8+ T cells and the interaction between B7-H3 and TLT2 increases CD8+ T cell activation. Studies using B7-H3 knockout mice and experimental models show that B7-H3 KO mice have less inflammation and limited disease progression in EAE and CIA. Those results were accompanied by a reduction in IFN-γ and IL-17 production. This data suggests that B7-H3 possesses a costimulatory function on Th1/Th17. Nevertheless, the B7-H3 KO mice developed severe ovalbumin-induced asthma with an increase in eosinophils, IL-5, IL-13, and elevated IgE. These parameters suggest a co-inhibitory function of B7-H3 on Th2 responses. B7-H3 is expressed by multiple cancer cells and its inhibition diminishes tumor development in cancer models.Product Details
- Mouse B7-H3, amino acid (Val29 - Phe244) (Accession: #Q8VE98.1) was expressed in CHO cells. The carboxy terminus contains a GS10His tag.
- Molecular Mass
- The 228 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 25 kD. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 40-45 kD by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Val.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is in PBS pH7.2.
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg protein as determined by the LAL method.
- 10 and 25 µg sizes are bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial. To obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks, at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Mouse B7-H3 induces proliferation of activated mouse T cells in a dose-dependent manner. The ED50 for this effect is 0.5 – 3.0 µg/mL.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are verified in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at email@example.com.
Ubiquitously expressed, activated T cells, dendritic cells, monocytes/macrophages, anterior pituitary progenitor cells, muscle cells, fibroblast-like synoviocytes, and epithelial cells. Numerous tumor lines, tumor-infiltrating dendritic cells, and macrophages.
- Regulates T-cell-mediated immune response, induces T cell proliferation and IFN-γ production. Induced by inflammatory cytokines on dendritic cells and monocytes.
- Activated T cells
- TRML2/ TLT2
- Mouse B7-H3 induces proliferation in mouse activated T cells.
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, T cells, Th1, Th17, Th2
- Biology Area
- Adaptive Immunity, Costimulatory Molecules, Immuno-Oncology, Immunology
- Antigen References
- Chapoval AI, et al. 2001. Nat Immunol. 2:269.
- Sun M, et al. 2002. J Immunol. 168:6294.
- Hashiguchi M, et al. 2008. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 105:10495.
- Nagai Y, et al. 2008. J Immunol. 181:6073.
- Waschbisch A, et al. 2008. Arthritis Rheum. 58:3600.
- Kobori H, et al. 2010. Immunology. 130:363.
- Luo L, et al. 2015. PloS One. 10(6):e0130126.
- Gene ID
- 102657 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about B7-H3 on UniProt.org
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
- Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10e6/ ED50 (ng/mL)