- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Microtubule-Associated Protein Tau, Phf-Tau, Paired Helical Filament-Tau, Neurofibrillary Tangle Protein, Microtubule-Associated Protein Tau, Isoform 4, G Protein Beta1/Gamma2 Subunit-Interacting Factor 1
Covance Catalog# PTN-5277
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Human Tau-383 full-length recombinant protein (a.a. 1 - 383) with 8X His-tag at the N-terminus. The protein was expressed in E. coli.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- >90% by SDS-PAGE
- 50 mM Tris-HCl, 300 mM NaCl, 10% Glycerol, 0.5 mM TCEP, pH 8.
- 0.1 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for one month, at -20°C for six months, or at -70°C for one year. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: Recommended load amount of 0.2-0.5 μg/lane
- Application Notes
This protein has utility in immunoblotting (WB).
Uni Prot ID: P10636-6
WB Expected MW: 53 kD
Tau-383 MW: 40.0 kD
8X His-tag Tau-383 MW: 42.2 kD
WB Positive Control: TAU 5 antibody (Catalog No. SIG-39413)
- Why choose BioLegend recombinant proteins?
• Each lot of product is quality-tested for bioactivity as indicated on the data sheet.
• Greater than 95% Purity or higher, tested on every lot of product.
• 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for quality performance, stability, and consistency.
• Ready-to-use liquid format saves time and reduces challenges associated with reconstitution.
• Bulk and customization available. Contact us.
• Learn more about our Recombinant Proteins.
- How does the activity of your recombinant proteins compare to competitors?
We quality control each and every lot of recombinant protein. Not only do we check its bioactivity, but we also compare it against other commercially available recombinant proteins. We make sure each recombinant protein’s activity is at least as good as or better than the competition’s. In order to provide you with the best possible product, we ensure that our testing process is rigorous and thorough. If you’re curious and eager to make the switch to BioLegend recombinants, contact your sales representative today!
- What is the specific activity or ED50 of my recombinant protein?
The specific activity range of the protein is indicated on the product datasheets. Because the exact activity values on a per unit basis can largely fluctuate depending on a number of factors, including the nature of the assay, cell density, age of cells/passage number, culture media used, and end user technique, the specific activity is best defined as a range and we guarantee the specific activity of all our lots will be within the range indicated on the datasheet. Please note this only applies to recombinants labeled for use in bioassays. ELISA standard recombinant proteins are not recommended for bioassay usage as they are not tested for these applications.
- Have your recombinants been tested for stability?
Our testing shows that the recombinant proteins are able to withstand room temperature for a week without losing activity. In addition the recombinant proteins were also found to withstand four cycles of freeze and thaw without losing activity.
- Does specific activity of a recombinant protein vary between lots?
Specific activity will vary for each lot and for the type of experiment that is done to validate it, but all passed lots will have activity within the established ED50 range for the product and we guarantee that our products will have lot-to-lot consistency. Please conduct an experiment-specific validation to find the optimal ED50 for your system.
- How do you convert activity as an ED50 in ng/ml to a specific activity in Units/mg?
Use formula Specific activity (Units/mg) = 10^6/ ED50 (ng/mL)