|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Factor H, a 155 kD soluble glycoprotein, is a member of the regulators of complement activation family and is a complement control protein. It circulates in human plasma at a concentration of 500 - 800 mg/ml that provides critical negative regulation to the alternative pathway of complement cascade. Factor H is secreted by Kupffer cells, hepatocytes, vascular endothelial cells, and platelets. Overactive factor H may result in reduced complement activity on pathogenic cells, increasing susceptibility to microbial infections. Underactive factor H may result in increased complement activity on healthy host cells, resulting in autoimmune diseases.Product Details
- Prepared from human serum that has been shown by certified tests to be negative for HBsAg and for antibodies to HIV and HCV.
- >95%, as determined by Coomassie stained SDS-PAGE.
- Lyophilized in sterile-filtered PBS, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA, 0.09% sodium azide, and protease inhibitors.
- ELISA Standard 4-Pack contains four vials of recombinant human Factor H at >5 ng per vial. Recommended for ELISA application only. Standards are calibrated against a BioLegend Master Calibrator.
- ≥ 5ng/vial
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store unopened vials between 2°C and 8°C immediately and use within 12 months from date of receipt. Prior to use, reconstitute the lyophilized powder with 0.2 ml of PBS containing a carrier protein (e.g., 1% BSA, protease free), pH 7.4. Re-cap vial, vortex. Allow the reconstituted standard to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, vortex again to mix completely. The reconstituted standard stock solution can be aliquoted into polypropylene vials and stored at -70°C for up to one month. Do not re-use diluted standards. Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles.
ELISA - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this protein is quality control tested by ELISA. For use as an ELISA standard, a standard curve comprised of doubling dilutions from 20.0 ng/mL to 0.31 ng/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance.
- Application Notes
This Factor H protein is useful as a standard for a human Factor H sandwich ELISA, using unlabeled C18/3 antibody as capture and biotinylated L20/3 antibody as detection.