- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Tumor Necrosis Factor α (TNF-α) ELISA Kit, Cachectin, Cytotoxic Factor (CF), Hemorrhagic Factor, Macrophage Cytotoxic Factor (MCF)
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Please contact our sales representative for bulk pricing quotations.
TNF-α (Tumor Necrosis Factor α), also termed Cachectin, Cytotoxic Factor (CF), Hemorrhagic Factor, Macrophage Cytotoxic Factor (MCF), is a potent multifunctional cytokine which can exert regulatory, inflammatory and cytotoxic effects on a wide range of normal lymphoid, non-lymphoid cells, and tumor cells. TNF-α is secreted by macrophages, monocytes, neutrophils, T-cells, NK-cells, and many transformed cell lines. It exists as a soluble 17.5 kD protein and a 26 kD membrane-associated protein. The soluble form protein derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1. TNF-α binding to surface receptors elicits a wide array of biological activities including: cytolysis and cytostasis of many tumor cell lines in vitro, hemorrhagic necrosis of tumors in vivo, increased fibroblast proliferation, and enhanced chemotaxis and phagocytosis in neutrophils. It has been shown that TNF-α plays a critical role in many physiological and pathological conditions including neurodegenerative diseases and cancer.
This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of Rat TNF-α from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, or other biological fluids. It is designed to meet the increasing use of rat models in biomedical studies.
- Kit Contents
- Rat TNF-α ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Rat TNF-α ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Rat TNF-α Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution A
- Substrate Solution B
- Coating Buffer A (5X)
- Assay Diluent A (5X)
- Matrix Diluent A (For serum and plasma samples only)
- Verified Reactivity
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- Product Citations
- 2 pg/ml
- Standard Range
- 15.6-1,000 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: 96-well Nunc MaxiSorp™ is recommended.
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 µL to 1 mL
- Deionized (DI) water
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 µm filtered.
- Wash Buffer (Phosphate-Buffered Saline (PBS) + 0.05% Tween-20, pH=7.4). BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended.
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Stop Solution (e.g. 2N H2SO4) Biolegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Sealer
- Absorbent paper
- Cell Sources
- Activated monocytes, neutrophils, macrophages, T cells, B cells, NK cells, LAK cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Gene ID
- 24835 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TNF-alpha on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets do not come with plates. Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in these sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat No. 423501), and instructions for coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.