- Poly6275 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Vascular endothelial growth factor, vasculotropin, vascular permeability factor
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|627501||50 µl (5 Western blots)||80,00€|
VEGF, also known as vascular endothelial growth factor, vasculotropin, and vascular permeability factor, is a widely expressed mitogen for vascular endothelial cells that has been shown to promote angiogenesis and increase permeability of capillary blood vessels. VEGF is a member of the platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) family and is produced as a homodimeric protein with approximate molecular weights of 34-46 kD. The variance in molecular weight is a result of alternative splicing events that encode monomeric proteins having 121, 165, 189 or 206 amino acids. VEGF121 and VEGF165 are secreted proteins whereas VEGF189 and VEGF206 are strongly cell-associated. VEGF binds to VEGF-R1 (also known as Flt-1) and VEGF-R2 (also known as KDR). Inhibition of VEGF biding to VEGF-Rs has been the focus of a number of tumor therapeutic strategies. The Poly6275 antibody recognizes the N-terminal region of human VEGF has been shown to be useful for Western blotting of both reduced and non-reduced VEGF.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Peptide mapping to a domain near the N-terminus
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.1% sodium azide and 0.2% gelatin.
- The antibody was purified by antigen-affinity chromatography.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 10 µl per 5 ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
- Product Citations
AB_2272658 (BioLegend Cat. No. 627501)
- Contains 8 cysteine residues involved in intra- and inter-chain disulfide bonds, platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) family, produced as a homodimeric protein with an approximate molecular weight of 34-46 kD. Human VEGF is alternatively spliced to encod
- Mitogen for vascular endothelial cells, promotes angiogenesis and increases permeability of capillary blood vessels
- Heparin, many other proteins
- VEGF-R1 (Flt-1) and VEGF-R2 (KDR)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. Connolly DT, et al. 1989. J. Clin. Invest. 84:1470.
2. Drake CJ, et al. 1995. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 92:7657.
3. Houck KA, et al. 1991. Mol. Endocrinol. 5:1806.
- Gene ID
- 7422 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about VEGF on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.