- 10C4B40 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 1 (STAT1), Transcription factor ISGF-3 components p91/p84
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
STAT1, also known as signal transduction and activator of transcription 1, is a ubiquitously expressed cytoplasmic protein and is activated in response to cytokine signaling, including IFN-α, IFN-γ, EGF, PDGF, and IL-6. Upon activation, STAT1 is phosphorylated by receptor-associated kinases, translocates to the nucleus, and functions as a transcription factor. Two isoforms of STAT1, with apparent molecular weights of 88 and 91 kD, exist as a result of alternative RNA processing. STAT1 is involved in IFN-mediated immune responses, and STAT1-deficient mice are highly sensitive to bacterial and viral infections.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 µg per ml (1:500). For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 µg/test.It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This clone is not recommended for ChIP (Chromatin Immunoprecipitation) assays (as determined by in-house testing).
AB_2563663 (BioLegend Cat. No. 661001)
AB_2563664 (BioLegend Cat. No. 661002)
- 750 amino acids, predicted molecular weight of 87 kD; contains a SH2 domain responsible for homodimerization or heterodimerization.
Cytoplasm; phosphorylated form translocates to the nucleus.
- Phosphorylated in response to cytokine signaling by receptor-associated kinases; translocates to the nucleus to act as a transcription factor. Mediates responses to type I (IFN-α/β) and II interferon (IFN-γ), EGF, PDGF, and IL-6.
- Forms a homodimer or heterodimers with other family members. Interacts with FAK, MCM3, MCM5, TRADD, BRCA1, KIT, IL-27R, IL-2Rβ, IL-2Rγ, IFNαβR, and c-Src.
- Cell Type
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction, Stem Cells, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Durbin JE, et al. 1996. Cell 8:443.
2. Darnell JE Jr, et al. 1994. Science 264:1415.
3. Chen X, et al. 1998. Cell 93:827.
4. Ramana CV, et al. 2000. Oncogene 19:2619.
- Gene ID
- 6772 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about STAT1 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.