- Poly28584 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Secreted frizzled-related protein 4 (SFRP4) is a member of the SFRP family that consists of 5 SFRPs that share a common ~120 amino acid long cysteine-rich domain. SFRPs, including SFRP4, have been shown to function as a soluble Wnt signaling modulator, where they compete with Frizzled family receptor to bind to the Wnt ligands. Expression level of SFRP4 is regulated by sex hormones including estrogen and progesterone, and correlates with incidence of breast and ovarian cancers. IL-1β-induced upregulation of SFRP4 release into the serum from islets years before clinical diagnosis of diabetes can be used as a prognostic tool for type II diabetes.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant SFRP4 (Met265~Val346) with N-terminal His-Tag expressed in E.coli.
- 0.01 M PBS, pH7.4, containing 0.02% NaN3, 50% glycerol.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer term storage aliquot into small volumes and store at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 5.0 - 10 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue, a concentration range of 5.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2801219 (BioLegend Cat. No. 858401)
- SFRP4 is a 346 amino acid protein with an apparent molecular mass of ~ 40 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Endometrium and testis
Cellular Distribution: Extracellular, nucleus, and plasma membrane
- Soluble signaling molecule that modulates wnt signaling
- Wnt protein
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Neuroscience
- Antigen References
- Pawar NM, et al. 2018. Cell Signal. 45:63
- Bergmann K, et al. 2014. Clin Biochem. 47(7-8):529
- Gene ID
- 6424 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about SFRP4 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.