- W19344C (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Rorc; Rorg; RORgamma; Rorγ; RORgammat; RORγt; TOR; Thor; Nr1f3; ROR; RAR-Related Orphan Nuclear Receptor Variant 2
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Retinoid-related orphan receptor, or RAR-related orphan receptor-γ (RORγ) antigen, is a ligand-dependent transcription factor that regulates multiples cellular functions and processes. RORγt is an isoform that originates from alternative splicing of RORγ. While RORγ is expressed in multiple tissues and cell types, RORγt is exclusively expressed in CD4+CD8+ double positive immature T cells in the thymus. In addition, RORγt is expressed by Th17, Tc17, γd T cells, ILC3 cells, NKp46+CD3- NK cells and Lymphoid tissue inducer (LTi) cells but is absent from naïve T cells in the periphery. RORγt plays a role in thymopoiesis, circadian rhythms, tumor progression, anti-microbial immunity, and is considered as the master transcriptional regulator for Th17 differentiation. Th17 cells are recruited in response to fungal and some extracellular bacterial infections. They are also involved in the pathology of a variety of autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, and Crohn’s disease. Due to the critical role RORγt plays in Th17 differentiation, it is considered as a target of interest to treat autoimmune diseases.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant mouse RORγt fragment
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 µg/mL. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2910480 (BioLegend Cat. No. 603151)
AB_2910480 (BioLegend Cat. No. 603152)
- RORγt is a 518 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of ~58 KD
Expressed in the nucleus
- Master regulator of Th17 cells
- Interacts with coactivators NCOA1 and PPARGC1A and corepressor NCOR1
- Cell Type
- T cells, Th17
- Biology Area
- Cancer Biomarkers, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
- Ivanov I, et al. 2006. Cell.126:1121-33.
- Medvedev A, et al. 1996. Gene. 181:199-206.
- Volpe E, et al. 2008. Nat Immunol. 9:650-7.
- Villey I, et al.1999. Eur J Immunol.29:4072-80.
- Castro G, et al. 2017. PLoS One. 12:e0181868.
- Gene ID
- 6097 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about RORgammat on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.