- MHN4-2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Neurogenic locus notch homolog protein 4
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Neurogenic locus notch homolog protein 4 (Notch 4) is a transmembrane heterodimer in which the extracellular domain contains 29 EGF repeats and 3 LNR repeats. The intracellular domain contains 5 ANK repeats, 1 PEST motif, and 1 RAM23 domain. Notch 4 controls many developmental processes in the cell such as differentiation, proliferation, and apoptosis. In addition, it also plays a role in vascular, renal, and hepatic development. Notch 4 is expressed by a variety of tissues such as heart, lung, placenta, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney, pancreas, spleen, lymph node, thymus, bone marrow, and fetal liver. The Notch 4 ligands are Jagged1, Jagged2, Delta1, Delta3 and Delta4. After ligand binding, Notch 4 is cleaved by the TNF-α converting enzyme (TACE). The extracellular domain remains on the cell surface while the intracellular domain is released and translocated to the nucleus where it binds to CBF-1, leading to the expression of genes of the Hairy/Enhancer of Split (HES) and HES-related repressor protein (HERP) families.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human Notch 4-transfected cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application References
- Kim H, et al. 2015. Cytotherapy. 17:579. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_10612568 (BioLegend Cat. No. 349002)
- Transmembrane protein. Extracellular domain forms a heterodimer and contains 29 epidermal growth factor-like repeats and 3 Lin/Notch Glp repeats. The intracellular domain contains 5 CDC10/Ankryn repeats, 1 proline, glutamate, serine, threonine-rich motif,
- Heart, lung, placenta, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney, pancreas, spleen, lymph node, thymus, bone marrow, and fetal liver.
- Controls many cell developmental processes such as differentiation, proliferation and apoptosis. Plays a role in vascular, renal, and hepatic development.
- MAML1, MAML2 and MAML3, CBF-1, Smad3, and Smad4
- Jagged1, Jagged2, Delta1, Delta3, and Delta4
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
1. Katoh M and Katoh M. 2007. Int. J. Oncol. 30:247.
2. Kerbel RS. 2008. N. Engl. J. Med. 358:2039.
3. Chen VC, et al. 2008. Nat. Biotechnol. 26:1169.
4. Emuss V. 2009. PLoS Pathog. 5:e1000616.
5. Harrison H, et al. 2010. Cancer Res. 70:709.
- Gene ID
- 929 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Notch 4 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.