- AR1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- IRF3, IRF-3, interferon regulatory factor 3
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IRF-3 is a roughly 50 kD member of the interferon regulatory transcription factor (IRF) family. Along with other members of the IRF family IRF-3 plays a key role in the innate immune response to viral infection. It is located ubiquitously in an inactivated form in the cytoplasm of many immune cells. When phosphorylated it forms a complex with CREBBP to upregulate many immune responses integral to innate immune function.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human IRF-3 protein (entire protein)
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application References
- Rustagi A, et al. 2012. Methods. 59(2):225-32
AB_2810597 (BioLegend Cat. No. 395902)
- Human IRF-3 has 427 amino acids with predicted Mw 47.2 kD and observed Mw 52 kD. Contains an IRF tryptophan pentad repeat responsible for DNA binding. Mouse Irf-3 has 419 amino acids with predicted MW 46.9 kD and observed Mw 45 kD.
Inactive IRF-3 continuously transits between the cytoplasm and nucleus. Serine/threonine phosphorylation or IRF-3 results in the structural changes which allow IRF-3 activation. The activated IRF3 translocates to the nucleus, where it forms a complex with CREB binding protein and activates the transcription of interferons, interferon stimulated genes, and other antiviral response genes.
- CREB binding protein, IRF-7, TICAM-1, TICAM-2, non-canonical IKB kinases TBK1 and IKKε.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
- Pattwell SS, et al. 2017. Trends Mol Med. (9):773-776
- Zhang ZX, et al. 2017. Leuk Lymphoma. 58(3): 646-654
- Zhao B, et al. 2016. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 113(24)E3403-12
- Gene ID
- 3661 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IRF3 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.