- HCD56 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Leu-19, NKH1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD56 is a single transmembrane glycoprotein also known as NCAM (Neural Cell Adhesion Molecule), Leu-19, or NKH1. It is a member of the Ig superfamily. The 140 kD isoform is expressed on NK cells and NK-T cells. CD56 is also expressed in the brain (cerebellum and cortex) and at neuromuscular junctions. Certain large granular lymphocyte (LGL) leukemias, small-cell lung carcinomas, neuronal derived tumors, myelomas, and myeloid leukemias also express CD56. CD56 plays a role in homophilic and heterophilic adhesion via binding to itself or heparin sulfate.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
- Recommended Usage
This product is suitable for use with the Maxpar® Metal Labeling Kits. The product is formulated to simplify the antibody preparation when performing the labeling protocol. As a result, it is possible to proceed directly to the step to Partially Reduce the Antibody by adding 100 µl of Maxpar® Ready antibody to 100 µl of 4 mM TCEP-R in a 50 kDa filter and continue with the protocol. Always refer to the latest version of Maxpar® User Guide when conjugating Maxpar® Ready antibodies.
- Application Notes
Clone HCD56 is not recommended for immunohistochemistry formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue.
- Additional Product Notes
- Maxpar® is a registered trademark of Fluidigm Inc.
- Application References
- Kishimoto T, et al. Eds. 1997. Leucocyte Typing VI. Garland Publishing Inc. London.
- Correia DV, et al. 2011. Blood 118:992. (FC) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2562830 (BioLegend Cat. No. 318345)
- Ig superfamily, single transmembrane or GPI-anchored glycoprotein
NK cells, T subset, neural tissue, some LGL and myeloid leukemias
- Heparin sulfate
- Cell Type
- B cells, Leukemia, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Neurons, NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Stem Cells, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Lanier L, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 146:4421.
2. Hemperly J, et al. 1990. J. Mol. Neurosci. 2:71.
3. Cremer H, et al. 1994. Nature 367:455.
- Gene ID
- 4684 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD56 on UniProt.org
- Can I obtain CyTOF data related to your Maxpar® Ready antibody clones?
We do not test our antibodies by mass cytometry or on a CyTOF machine in-house. The data displayed on our website is provided by Fluidigm®. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for additional data and further details.
- Can I use Maxpar® Ready format clones for flow cytometry staining?
We have not tested the Maxpar® Ready antibodies formulated in solution containing EDTA for flow cytometry staining. While it is likely that this will work in majority of the situations, it is best to use the non-EDTA formulated version of the same clone for flow cytometry testing. The presence of EDTA in some situations might negatively affect staining.
- I am having difficulty observing a signal after conjugating a metal tag to your Maxpar® antibody. Please help troubleshoot.
We only supply the antibody and not test that in house. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for troubleshooting advice: http://techsupport.fluidigm.com/
- Is there a difference between buffer formulations related to Maxpar® Ready and purified format antibodies?
The Maxpar® Ready format antibody clones are formulated in Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA. The regular purified format clones are formulated in solution that does not contain any EDTA. Both formulations are however without any extra carrier proteins.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
FITC anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
PE anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
APC anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
PerCP anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Brilliant Violet 570™ anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Biotin anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD56 (NCAM)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD56 (NCAM)