- HIP8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- IV P38
- Other Names
- gpIIb, CD41a
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD41 is a 125/25 kD α subunit of the gpIIb/IIIa (CD41/CD61) complex. CD41 is a heterodimer composed of a heavy chain (gpIIbα) and light chain (gpIIbβ) linked by a single disulfide bond. It is a member of the integrin family primarily expressed on platelets and megakaryocytes. CD41 has been reported to be involved with platelet aggregation and platelet attachment to the ECM. CD41/CD61 complex acts as the receptor for fibrinogen, fibronectin, Von Willebrand factor, and thrombin.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Capuchin Monkey, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
IHC-F - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections and blocking of platelet aggregation2. The HIP8 antibody has been reported to block the activation of platelets by various stimuli, including collagen, and ADP.
- Application References
- Knapp W, et al. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York.
- McCarty OJT, et al. 2000. Blood 96:1789.
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Zhi L et al. 2013. PLoS One. 8:e79869. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_314372 (BioLegend Cat. No. 303702)
- Integrin family, α subunit of CD41/CD61 (GPIIb-IIIa) complex, 125/22 kD
- Platelet aggregation, platelet attachment to extracellular matrix
- Fibrinogen, fibronectin, von Willebrand factor, thrombin
- Cell Type
- Megakaryocytes, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Denzin L, et al. 1996. J. Exp. Med. 184:2153.
2. Denzin L, et al. 1995. Cell 82:155.
3. Riberdy J, et al. 1994. J. Cell Biol. 125:1225.
- Gene ID
- 3674 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD41 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.