- N202/7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- SAC3, SAC domain-containing protein 3, Polyphosphoinositide phosphatase, Phosphatidylinositol 3,5-bisphosphate 5-phosphatase
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Phosphoinositides (PIs) are signaling molecules that regulate vesicle trafficking in eukaryotic cells and are important for maintaining the nervous system. The levels of PIs are regulated by specific protein kinases and phosphatases. FIG4 protein (the homolog of yeast SAC3 protein), is a phosphatase well conserved from mammals to yeast, and is known to dephosphorylate phosphatidylinositol-3,5-bisphosphate (PI(3,5)P2) at the 5th position of inositol. By interacting with FAB1 and VAC14, the protein complex regulates the overall level of PI(3,5)P2. Loss of function of FIG4 leads to the reduction of the cellular PI(3,5)P2 levels. Mutations of human FIG4 gene cause autosomal recessive Charcot-Marie-Tooth type 4BJ (CMT4BJ) neuropathy with hereditary motor and sensory degeneration. Variants of FIG4 gene have also been found in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and primary lateral sclerosis (PLS), suggesting it may be a risk factor for these disorders.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Fusion protein amino corresponding to amino acids 688-907 (C-terminus) of mouse FIG4.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 - 10 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2801233 (BioLegend Cat. No. 861801)
AB_2801234 (BioLegend Cat. No. 861802)
- Human FIG4 is a 907 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 103 kD.
Tissue distribution: ubiquitously expressed.
Cellular source: plasma membrane, endoplasmic reticulim, endosome, golgi apparatus, intracellular membrane, and vacuoles.
- FIG4 is involved in the regulation of phosphoinositides levels and intracellular vesicle trafficking.
- Interacts with FAB1 and VAC14
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Protein Kinases/Phosphatase, Synaptic Vesicle Trafficking/Endocytosis
- Antigen References
- Chow C. et al. 2007. Nature. 448(7149):68-72.
- Chow C. et al. 2009. Am J Hum Genet. 84(1):85-8.
- Lenk G.M. et al. 2011. PLoS Genet. 7(6):e1002104.
- Gene ID
- 9896 View all products for this Gene ID 103199 View all products for this Gene ID 309855 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about FIG4/SAC3 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.