- Poly6563 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Epidermal growth factor receptor, HER1
- Rabbit Polyclonal IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
EGFR is a transmembrane glycoprotein that belongs to protein kinase superfamily. It is expressed in tissues of epithelial, mesenchymal and neuronal origin and plays major roles in proliferation, differentiation and development. Binding of the protein to its ligand induces receptor dimerization and tyrosine autophosphorylation. Mutations or over-expression of this gene are associated with certain forms of cancer. Tyrosine 1068 is the primary autophosphorylation site in the C-terminal domain of the receptor.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- KLH conjugated modified synthetic peptide
- Phosphate-buffered solution/50% glycerol/0.09% sodium azide.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted at -20°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 5-10 µl per 5 ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
AB_2562283 (BioLegend Cat. No. 656302)
- Four isoforms with 405 to 1210 amino acids, predicted molecular weight 45- 170 kD
Cell membrane, nuclear membrane and cellular organelle membrane
- Interacts with EGF, TGFA/TGF-alpha, amphiregulin, epigen/EPGN, BTC/betacellulin, epiregulin/EREG and HBEGF/heparin-binding EGF. Activates RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK, PI3 kinase-AKT, PLCgamma-PKC and STATs modules.
- Biology Area
- Angiogenesis, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, DNA Repair/Replication, Immunology, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Growth Factors, Phospho-Proteins, Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
1. Alameddine RS, et al. 2013. Curr. Opin. Oncol. 25:313.
2. Downward J, et al. 2003. Anticancer Res. 23:3639.
3. Hrustanovic G, et al. 2013. Cancer Biol. Ther. 14:304.
4. Koland JG, et al. 1990. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 166:90.
5. Wheeler SE, et al. 2012. Clin. Cancer Res. 18:2278.
6. Yano S, et al. 2003. Anticancer Res. 23:3639.
- Gene ID
- 1956 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about EGFR on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.