- 4A2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Cadherin-1, CAM 120/80, Epithelial cadherin, Uvomorulin, CD_antigen, CD324 Antigen, CDHE, ECAD, LCAM
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
E-cadherin is a calcium-dependent cell adhesion molecule (CAM) critical for formation and functions of adherent junctions during development and tumorigenesis. E-cadherin is usually expressed and localized at the surface of epithelial cells. However, it is also expressed in the adult and embryonic forebrain germinal zones in vivo and in cells derived from these regions growing in vitro. Conditional loss of E-cadherin in mouse brain causes defects in the self-renewal of neural stem cells both in vivo and in vitro. Overexpression of E-cadherin increases the number of neural stem cell colonies indicating that E-cadherin is required for the neural stem cell self-renewal function. In human glioblastoma tissue, the expression of E-cadherin is increased and usually correlates with unfavorable outcome.Product Details
- Human, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 10 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Lower MW bands detected in WB are cleaved C terminal fragments.
Cleavage of E-cadherin usually occurs in tumor development and cleaved E-cadherin fragments of ~29-38 kD often possess distinct oncogenic properties.
- Application References
- David, J.M. and Rajasekaran, A.K. 2012. Cancer Res. 72(12): 2917–2923.
- Product Citations
AB_2814610 (BioLegend Cat. No. 866701)
AB_2814611 (BioLegend Cat. No. 866702)
- Human CD324 (E-cadherin) is a 882 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular mass of 97 kD and observed molecular mass of ~120 kD.
Tissue distribution: Non-neural epithelial tissues and forebrain germinal zones
Cellular distribution: Golgi, plasma membrane, endosome, and cell
- CD324 (E-cadherin) is involved in cell adhesion.
- Interacts with catenin family members
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Epithelial cells, Neural Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immuno-Oncology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Lewis-Tuffin LJ, et al. 2010. PLoS One. 5(10):e13665.
- Karpowicz P, et al. 2009. J Neurosci. 29(12):3885-96.
- Gene ID
- 999 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD324 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.