- 1H10 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- MACH, FLICE, Mch5
- Rat IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Caspase-8 is involved in the apoptosis mediated by CD95 and TNFR-1. It is suggested that following the triggering of apoptosis by CD95 or TNFR-1, the adaptor molecule FADD interact physically with cytosolic caspase-8 and initiate the apoptotic cascade. The active caspase-8 consists of two subunits of p18 and p10. This antibody should recognize the whole length of human caspase-8 and some isofrms of lower MW.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Full length caspase-8 fusion protein
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC, ELISA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. Western blotting, suggested working dilution(s): Use 0.5-1 µg antibody per ml antibody dilution buffer for each mini-gel. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application References
- Sanchez I et al. 1999. Neuron. 22:623
- Li H, et al. 1998. Cell 94:491
- Product Citations
AB_2068466 (BioLegend Cat. No. 645501)
- Full length protein of 55kd. Contains two homologous domains of DED (death effector domain) of FADD. The remainder of the protein is similar to the CED-3 subfamily of caspases.
Expressed in multiple isoforms in multiple tissues. Relatively high level in peripheral leucocytes.
- Caspase-8 is involved in apoptosis mediated by CD95 and TNFR-1.
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Neuroscience
- Antigen References
1. Muzio M et al. 1996. Cell 817-827
2. Cohen GM. 1997. Biochem J 326:1
- Gene ID
- 841 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Caspase-8 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.