- A16 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta, Alpha-1-acid glycoprotein/enhancer binding protein, Interleukin 6-dependent DNA-binding protein (IL-6DBP), Nuclear factor of interleukin 6 (NF-IL6), Liver-enriched transcriptional activator protein (LAP)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
C/EBPβ (also known as CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta, interleukin 6-dependent DNA-binding protein, and nuclear factor of interleukin 6 [NF-IL6]) is a member of the basic leucine zipper C/EBP transcription factor family. Mouse C/EBP has three isoforms that include C/EBPβ-FL, C/EBPβ-LAP, and C/EBPβ-LIP (31kD, 29kD and 16kD, respectively). This protein is localized in the nucleus and functions as a transcription factor in immune, inflammatory, acute-phase, cytokine, collagen type I gene expression. It is upregulated by growth hormones and has been shown to interact with CEBP-α, CEBP-δ, CEBP-γ, CEBP-ε, and CEBP-ζ. The C/EBPβ protein is known to be modified by phosphorylation and ubiquitination. Clone A16 has been shown to be useful for Western blotting to recognize C/EBPβ-FL (31kD) and C/EBPβ-LAP (29kD) isoforms.Product Details
- Mouse (recognizes C/EBPβ-FL (31kD) and C/EBPβ-LAP (29kD) isoforms)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant full length mouse C/EBP β protein
- This antibody is provided in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide. Final antibody concentration is 0.5 mg/ml.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
A16 monoclonal antibody recognizes C/EBPß-FL (31kD) and C/EBPß-LAP (29kD) isoforms, but not C/EBPß-LIP (16kD).
- Application References
- Lee YM, et al.1996. Mol. Cell. Biol. 16:4257
- Su, et al. 2003. J. Biol. Chem. 278:51150.
- Product Citations
AB_2097742 (BioLegend Cat. No. 626001)
AB_2097741 (BioLegend Cat. No. 626002)
- C/EBP transcription factor family, basic leucine zipper, dimer. Mouse C/EBP has three isoforms that include C/EBPβ-FL, C/EBPβ-LAP, and C/EBPβ-LIP (31kD, 29kD and 16kD, respectively).
- Transcription factor in immune, inflammatory, acute-phase, cytokine, collagen type I genes
- CEBP-α, CEBP-β, CEBP-δ, CEBP-γ, CEBP-ε, CEBP-ζ
- Phosphorylation, Ubiquitination
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Chang C, et al. 1990. Mol. Cell Biol. 10:6642.
2. Eaton E, et al. 2001. J. Cell Physiol. 189:91.
3. Piwien-Pilipuk G, et al. 2002. J. Biol. Chem. 277:44557.
4. Hattori T, et al. 2003. Oncogene. 22:1273.
- Growth hormone
- Gene ID
- 12608 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about C/EBP beta on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.