- N332B/15 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Actin Like 6B, 53 KDa BRG1-Associated Factor B, Actin-Related Protein Baf53b, BRG1-Associated Factor 53B, ArpNalpha, ACTL6, Actin-Like Protein 6B, Actin-Like 6, HArpN Alpha
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
ACTL6/BAF53 proteins share similar homologies to actin-related proteins and are found within the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complexes. ACTL6b/BAF53b protein is part of the neural specific SWI/SNF complex, which play important roles in remodeling mononucleosomes in an ATP-dependent fashion, postmitotic neural development, dendritic growth, memory, and synaptic plasticity.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Fusion protein corresponding to amino acids 39-114 of human BAF53b
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 5.0 - 10 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2783473 (BioLegend Cat. No. 857401)
AB_2783474 (BioLegend Cat. No. 857402)
- BAF53b is a 426 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of ~47 kD.
Tissue Distribution: Moderately expressed in the brain and testis.
Cellular Distribution: Nucleus and cytosol.
- BAF53b is involved in the transcriptional activation / repression of select genes by remodeling mononucleosomes. BAF53b is also a component of the SWI/SNF chromatin remodeling complexes that drive enzymatic activites and chromatin structure alterations by changing the DNA-histone contacts within the nucleosome.
- BAF53 has been shown to interact with c-Myc.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology, Transcription Factors
- Antigen References
- Yoo M, et al. 2017. Journal of Neuroscience. 37(13):3686-3697.
- Vogel-Ciernia A, et al. 2013. Nat Neurosci. 16(5): 552–561.
- Zhan X, et al. 2015. Genesis. 53(7):440-8.
- Jeonghyeon Park, et al. 2002. Mol Cell Biol. 22(5): 1307–1316.
- Gene ID
- 51412 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about BAF53b on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.