- VI-PL2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Integrin β3, gpIIIa
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD61, also known as integrin β3 and glycoprotein IIIa (gpIIIa), is a 90 kD type I integral transmembrane glycoprotein. It is a member of the integrin family, associating with platelet gpIIb (CD41) to form CD41/CD61 complex and with integrin αV (CD51) to form αV/β3 (CD51/CD61) integrin. CD41/CD61 is expressed on platelets and megakaryocytes, and plays a role in platelet activation and aggregation through interaction with fibrinogen, fibronectin, vWF, and other RGD-containing adhesion molecules. CD51/CD61 is expressed on platelets, osteoclasts, fibroblasts, macrophages, and some tumor cells involved in tumor metastasis, and in adenovirus infection through binding to RGD motif in extracellular matrix proteins.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PerCP/Cyanine5.5 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PerCP/Cyanine5.5 has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 690 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting and immunohistochemical staining of frozen tissue sections.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PerCP/Cy5.5 to PerCP/Cyanine5.5. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PerCP/Cyanine5.5 products. Contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
- Application References
- Davies J, et al. 1989. J. Cell Biol. 109:1817.
- Roberts M, et al. 2004. Mol. Cell. Biol. 24:1505.
- Ciarlet M, et al. 2002. J. Virol. 76:1109.
AB_2566736 (BioLegend Cat. No. 336417)
AB_2566737 (BioLegend Cat. No. 336418)
- Type I integral glycoprotein, integrin family, associates with CD41 (gpIIb) forming CD41/CD61 complex or with CD51 (integrin αV) forming CD51/CD61 complex, 90 kD
CD41/CD61 complex is expressed on platelets and megakaryocytes; CD51/CD61 complex is expressed on platelets, osteoclasts, fibroblasts, macrophages, and some tumor cells
- Adhesion, platelet activation and aggregation
- Fibronectin, vitronectin, vWF
- Cell Type
- Fibroblasts, Megakaryocytes, Osteoclasts, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Zola H, et al. 2007. Leukocyte and Stromal Cell Molecules: The CD Markers.
- Gene ID
- 3690 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD61 on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cyanine5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.