- 16A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mucin-1, MUC-1, Episialin, HMFG antigen, MAM6
- Mouse IgG1, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Mucin-1 (MUC-1), cell surface associated or polymorphic epithelia mucin, is a 500-1000 kD proteoglycan expressed by activated T cells, mucosal epithelial cells, and aberrantly expressed on most breast cancers. In normal cells, CD227 is heavily glycosylated, whereas in cancerous cells, the glycosylation is incomplete and premature sialation is also observed. The protein is anchored to the apical surface of the epithelial cell and functions as a lubricant to keep the cell hydrated and to protect against pathogens. It can also function as a signaling molecule by forming a MUC-1/SOS1/GrB2 complex. MUC-1 can interact with cancer antigens such as Her2/neu.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Jurkat cells transfected with MUC1
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE/Cyanine7 under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
This clone shows stronger binding to the glycosylated compared to the non-glycosylated peptide1.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PE/Cy7 to PE/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PE/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
- Application References
- Song W, et al. 2012. Int. J Oncol. 41:1977. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2564194 (BioLegend Cat. No. 355605)
AB_2564195 (BioLegend Cat. No. 355606)
- 500-1000 kD proteoglycan (glycosylated form)
Activated T cells, mucosal epithelial cells, aberrantly expressed in most breast cancers
- Complexes with SOS1 and Grb2 in RAS signaling
- ICAM-1 and Her2/neu (ErbB2)
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Epithelial cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Gendler SJ. 2001. J. Mammary Gland Biol. Neoplasia. 6:339.
2. Agrawal B, et al. 1998. Cancer Res. 58:4079.
3. Rahn JJ, et al. 2004. J. Biol. Chem. 279:29386.
- Gene ID
- 4582 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD227 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All CD227 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|PE anti-human CD227 (MUC-1)||16A||FC|
|Purified anti-human CD227 (MUC-1)||16A||FC,ICC,IHC-P|
|PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD227 (MUC-1)||16A||FC|
|APC anti-human CD227 (MUC-1)||16A||FC|
|TotalSeq™-D1250 anti-human CD227 (MUC-1)||16A||PG|
|TotalSeq™-A1250 anti-human CD227 (MUC-1)||16A||PG|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.