- E18 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Tp44, T44
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD28 is a 44 kD glycoprotein, also known as Tp44 or T44. It is a member of the Ig superfamily, expressed on thymocytes, most peripheral T cells, and NK cells. In association with CD80 (B7-1) and CD86 (B7-2), CD28 acts as the second signal for T and NK cell activation and proliferation. The E18 antibody blocks the binding of 37.51 antibody to CD28 and costimulates T cell activation and proliferation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- A20 cells and recombinant mCD28Ig
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: in vitro costimulation of T and NK cells1, in vitro blocking of allogeneic mixed leukocyte response and inhibition of MHC-unrestricted CTL cytotoxicity, and in vitro induction of thymocyte differentiation. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 122004).
- Application References
- Dennehy KM, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:5725.
- Product Citations
AB_604078 (BioLegend Cat. No. 122010)
- Ig superfamily, 44 kD
Thymocytes, CD4+, CD8+ peripheral T cells, NK cells
- Costimulates T and NK cells
- CD80 (B7-1), CD86 (B7-2)
- Cell Type
- NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Lenschow DJ, et al. 1996. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 14:233.
3. Gross JA, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 149:380.
- Gene ID
- 12487 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD28 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.