- A17013A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Leukocyte C-terminal Src kinase, Protein YT16, p56-Lck, T cell-specific protein-tyrosine kinase
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The Src family tyrosine kinase p56Lck (Lck) is a non-receptor tyrosine kinase that is primarily expressed in T cells and NK cells. It plays a critical role in T cell selection and maturation within the thymus, and also in the function of mature T cells. Lck, which is constitutively bound to cytosolic domains of CD4 and CD8 surface receptors, plays an essential role in T cell receptor (TCR) signaling. Engagement of the TCR with peptide antigen-loaded MHC complex results in the recruitment of CD4- and CD8-bound Lck to the TCR/CD3 signaling complex. Lck then transphosphorylates TCR-gamma chains and CD3 subunits, thereby activating the TCR/CD3 signaling pathway and leading to the recruitment and subsequent phosphorylation of Zap70 by Lck. Lck also plays an important role in interleukin-2 signaling that regulates the T cell proliferative response. Phosphorylation of Lck by CSK at Tyrosine 505 negatively regulates Lck, and is proposed to generate a closed, inactive conformation of the protein.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human Lck peptide phosphorylated at Tyr 505.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular flow cytometry using our True-Phos™ Perm Buffer in Cell Suspensions Protocol. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
AB_2801136 (BioLegend Cat. No. 699703)
AB_2801137 (BioLegend Cat. No. 699704)
- 509 and 539 amino acid isoforms with predicted molecular weights of 58 and 61 kD, respectively. Contains N-terminal domain with myristylation and palmitoylation sites, a kinase domain, and SH2 and SH3 domains that mediate protein-protein interactions between Lck and other proteins.
- T cell receptor signaling
- AXL, CD2, CD4, CD5, CD8, CD44, CD45, CD122, PI4K, VAV1, RASA1, FYB, CDK1, RAF1, ZAP70, SYK, RUNX3
- Cell Type
- T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Phospho-Proteins, Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
- Phillipsen L, et al. 2017. Sci Signal. 10:eaaf4736.
- Moogk D, et al. 2016. J Immunol. 197:644.
- Klammt C, et al. 2015. Nat Immunol. 16:961.
- Cancer Genome Atlas Network. 2015. Cell. 161:1681.
- Casas J, et al. 2014. Nat Commun. 5:5624
- McNeill L, et al. 2007. Immunnity. 27:425.
- Lefebvre DC, et al. 2003. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1650:40.
- Kabouridis PS. 2003. Biochem J. 371:907.
- Gene ID
- 3932 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Lck Phospho on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.