|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Streptavidin Nanobeads can be used for positive or negative selection of targeted cells with biotin-conjugated antibodies. For positive selection, the magnetically labeled fraction is retained by the use of a magnetic separator. For negative selection, the untouched cells are collected by decanting the liquid in a clean tube. Either positive or negative selection cells can be used for downstream applications such as functional assays, gene expression, phenotypic characterization, etc.
MojoSort™ reagents are also compatible with column-based cell separation systems available from other vendors. Optimized protocols for cell separation using columns from in-house testing are provided for each kit under the “Related Protocols” section, as well as representative data on the product webpage (where available). Data generated using column separators are indicated on the figure legend.
Due to the property of the beads, MojoSort™ reagents typically require dilution for optimal use on column separators. Where available, recommended dilution factors for each kit component based on in-house testing are provided under the “Application Notes” section of the webpage.
- Aqueous solution containing BSA and 0.05% sodium azide.
- Streptavidin-conjugated particles: protein-coated magnetic nanobeads.
- Storage & Handling
- Streptavidin Nanobeads should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
Cell Separation (MojoSort™) - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
The concentration of Streptavidin Nanobeads to be used should be optimized by end users.
- Application Notes
The Streptavidin Nanobeads are designed for the positive or negative isolation of cells when used with biotin-conjugated antibodies or similar reagents.
- Additional Product Notes
- Application References
- Guo H, et al. 2016. PLoS One. 11(3):e0150809. (PubMed)
- Product Citations
- Gene ID
- MojoSort™ Streptavidin Nanobeads Protocol - Negative Selection
- MojoSort™ Streptavidin Nanobeads Protocol - Positive Selection
- MojoSort™ Streptavidin Nanobeads Column Protocol – Positive Selection
- MojoSort™ Streptavidin Nanobeads Column Protocol – Negative Selection
- MojoSort™ General Protocol - Video
- Is there a way to detach your magnetic particles from the cell surface?
No, not currently. We have found that cells are functional without the need to detach the magnetic Nanobeads.
- What is the size of your magnetic particles?
The average diameter is approximately 130 nm.
- Are MojoSort™ Nanobeads compatible with other commercially available magnetic separation systems?
MojoSort™ magnetic particles can be used with other commercially available magnetic separators, both free standing magnets and column-based systems. Because MojoSort™ protocols are optimized for the MojoSort™ separator, the protocols may need to be adjusted for other systems. Please contact BioLegend Technical Service for more information and guidance. We do not recommend using MojoSort™ particles for BD’s IMag™ or Life Technologies’ DynaMag™.
- What antibodies are present in the depletion cocktails provided for isolation kits?
Please contact our technical service team for further assistance.