- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Adiponectin, Adipocyte complement-related protein of 30 kD (Acrp30), Adipose most abundant gene transcript 1 (apM1), Gelatin-binding protein of 28 kD (GBP28), ADIPOQ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|442307||1 Pre-coated Plate||340,00€|
Adiponectin is also referred to as Acrp30, AdipoQ, apM1, and gelatin binding protein of 28 kD (GBP-28), which in humans is encoded by the ADIPOQ gene. Adiponectin contains 244 amino acids with a collagen-like domain at the N-terminal and a globular domain at the C-terminal. The globular domain can be proteolytically truncated forming the globular adiponectin (gAdiponectin). This globular domain resembles the structure of the complement C1q and the TNF-a superfamily. Adiponectin exists in a wide range of homo-oligomers: a low-molecular weight (LMW) trimer, a medium molecular weight (MMW) hexamer, and a high molecular weight (HMW) multimer with little or no interconversion between the forms. Females generally have higher HMW than males in both proportion and absolute amounts. Adiponectin has two receptors (adipoRs)-1 and -2. AdipoR1 mRNA is detectable in skeletal muscle, spleen, lung, heart, kidney, and liver. AdipoR2 is expressed in liver, but also detectable in heart, lung, skeletal muscle, and kidney.
Adiponectin plays an important role in carbohydrate and lipid metabolism. It promotes insulin-sensitivity and protects cells from inflammation and apoptosis. It is also hypothesized to have anti-atherogenic activity. Normal circulating adiponectin level ranges from 4-30 µg/mL. Adiponectin levels are inversely correlated with body mass index (BMI). Low serum level of adiponectin is found in obesity, type 2 diabetes and those with coronary artery disease. Therefore, adiponectin serves as an important clinical biomarker for metabolic syndromes.
The LEGEND MAX™ Human Adiponectin (Acrp30) ELISA Kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate that is pre-coated with a mouse monoclonal anti-human adiponectin antibody. The detection antibody is a biotinylated mouse monoclonal anti-human adiponectin antibody. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of human adiponectin (including globular, LMW, MWM, and HMW adiponectin) from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma, and other biological fluids. This kit is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Human Adiponectin Pre-coated 96 well Strip Microplate
- Human Adiponectin Detection Antibody
- Human Adiponectin Standard
- Avidin-HRP B
- Assay Buffer B
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution F
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- 0.086 ng/mL
- Standard Range
- 0.78 - 50 ng/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 μL to 1,000 μL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Polypropylene vials
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for washing the plates before adding sample. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The additional washing step is designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not perform the washing, the effect on assay performance is negligible.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The wash buffer provided in all our LEGEND MAX™ kits is the same and the part numbers on the wash buffer bottles in these kits should identical. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard Sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
In some cases, dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.