- Poly19055 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Keratin, type II cytoskeletal 5, CK-5, 58 kD cytokeratin, type-II keratin Kb5, epidermolysis bullosa simplex 2 Dowling-Meara/Kobner/Weber-Cockayne types, keratin 5 (epidermolysis bullosa simplex, Dowling-Meara/Kobner/Weber-Cockayne types), krt5
Covance Catalog# PRB-160P
- Rabbit Polyclonal
- Ave. Rating
- 2 reviews
- Product Citations
- Intended Use
In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD). Use in immunohistochemistry (IHC) test methods only.
The polyclonal antibody Poly19055 is used for the in vitro examination of human biological samples using immunohistochemistry (IHC) methods for the qualitative identification of Keratin 5. The clinical interpretation of any staining or its absence should be complemented by morphological studies and proper controls and should be evaluated within the context of the patient's clinical history and other diagnostic tests by a qualified pathologist.
- Human, Mouse. Rat, Dog, Primate
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This monospecific polyclonal antibody was raised against a peptide sequence derived from the C-terminus of the mouse keratin 5 protein.
- Phosphate-buffered solution + 0.03% Thimerosal.
- The antibody was purified by peptide affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- When stored at ≤ -20°C, product is stable until the date shown on the label. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles to prevent denaturing the antibody. If thawed and stored at 2-8°C, product is stable for 24 months from the date of thaw or until the expiry date on the label, whichever comes first.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• IHC: 1:2,000-4,000 with either biotin based detection systems such as USA Ultra Streptavidin Detection (Cat. No. 929501).
Tissue Sections: Paraffin-embedded tissues, frozen tissues
Pretreatment: For optimal staining, the sections should be pretreated with an antigen unmasking solution such as Citrate Buffer Retrieval solution (Cat. No. 928502, 928602).
Incubation: 60 minutes at room temperature
Precautions for Use: Use appropriate personal protective equipment and safety practices per universal precautions when working with this reagent. Refer to the reagent safety data sheet.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunohistochemistry (IHC).
This product may contain other non-IgG subtypes.
- Application References
- Hübner A, et al. JNK and PTEN cooperatively control the development of invasive adenocarcinoma of the prostate. PNAS, 109: 12046-12051, Jul 2012. [IHC] PubMed
- Kierszenbaum AL, Rivkin E, Tres LL. Acroplaxome, an F-actin-keratin-containing plate, anchors the acrosome to the nucleus during shaping of the spermatid head. Mol Biol Cell 14(11):4628-40, 2003. [IHC] PubMed
- Hu Y, Baud V, Oga T, Kim KI, Yoshida K, Karin M. IKKalpha controls formation of the epidermis independently of NF-kappaB. Nature 410:710-714, 2001.
- Yuspa SH, Kilkenny AD, Steinert PM, Roop DR. Expression of murine epidermal differentiation markers is tightly regulated by restricted extracellular calcium concentrations in-vitro. J Cell Biol 109:1207-1217, 1989.
- Roop DR, Cheng CK, Titterington L, Meyers CA, Stanley JR, Steinert PM, Yuspa SH. Synthetic peptides corresponding to keratin subunits elicit highly specific antibodies. J Biol Chem 259:8037-8040, 1984.
- Liang Y, 2011 Patholog Res Int. 2011:936794. (IHC) PubMed
- Easter SL, et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9:113247. (IF, WB) PubMed
- Osmanagic-Myers S, et al.2006. J Cell Biol. 174:557. (WB) PubMed
- Kittrell FS, et al. 2011. Breast Cancer Res.13:41. (IF) PubMed
- Croyle MJ, et al. Role of epidermal primary cilia in the homeostasis of skin and hair follicles. Development, 138: 1675-1685, May 2011. [IHC, IF] PubMed
- Bayo P, Sanchis A, Bravo A, Cascallana JL, Buder K, Tuckermann J, Schütz G, and PTrez P. Glucocorticoid Receptor Is Required for Skin Barrier Competence. Endocrinology, 149: 1377-1388, Mar 2008. [IHC] PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2565050 (BioLegend Cat. No. 905501)
- Does BioLegend manufacture antibodies at GMP grade?
BioLegend antibodies and reagents that carry the IVD or ASR designation are manufactured in a registered GMP facility, while our other products are manufactured under ISO 13485 certification. Both environments provide high quality products. To learn more about our quality standards visit our Quality Control page at: https://www.biolegend.com/QC.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.