- CPTC-Ezrin-1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Cytovillin, Cytovillin 2, CVIL, CVL, Villin-2, VIL2, p81, HEL-S-105
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Ezrin, a member of the ERM (Ezrin-Radixin-Moesin) family, is a linker protein between cytoskeleton and cellular membrane. It has wide temporal and spatial expression, and participates in a variety of cellular processes such as cell adhesion, cell motility, cell-cell communication, and apoptosis. High levels of Ezrin expression promotes tumorigenesis in tissues, including glioblastoma, breast cancer, and colon cancer. Ezrin is also highly expressed in neural stem cells and neuroblasts, where it may function in actin remodeling.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant full length human Ezrin protein
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.5 µg per ml. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 1.0 - 10 µg/ml is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2814608 (BioLegend Cat. No. 866403)
AB_2814609 (BioLegend Cat. No. 866404)
- Human Ezrin is a 586 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 70 kD.
Tissue distribution: Cerebral cortex, basal ganglia, hippocampus, hypophysis, and optic nerve
Cellular distribution: Cytoskeleton and plasma membrane
- Ezrin is involved in the connection of major cytoskeletal structures to the plasma membrane.
- Interacts with many proteins, such as MPP5, SLC9A3R2, MCC, PLEKHG6, PODXL, SCYL3/PACE1, SLC9A3R1 and TMEM8B
- Cell Type
- Astrocytes, Leukocytes, Neural Stem Cells, Neurons, Oligodendrocytes, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Cell Structure, Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Cytoskeletal Proteins, Scaffold Proteins
- Antigen References
- Moon Y, et al. 2013. Histochem. Cell. Biol. 139:403-13.
- Xie JJ, et al. 2011. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 59(11):1001-8.
- Gene ID
- 7430 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Ezrin on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.