- A17183A (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Non-A beta component of AD amyloid, NACP, PARK1, Synuclein alpha-140, non-A4 component of amyloid, alpha-synuclein, isoform NACP140, non-amyloid beta component (NAP)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
α-synuclein is expressed principally in the nervous system, but it is also produced in the other tissues, including the skin. In the brain, the protein is primarily neuronal, but it is also present in glia. Neuronal α-synuclein is concentrated in the presynaptic nerve terminals, interacts with plasma membrane phospholipids, and is also present in the nuclei and mitochondria. At least three isoforms of synuclein are produced through alternative splicing. The most common isoform is a 140 amino acid-long transcript. Other isoforms are α-synuclein-126, lacking residues 41-54; and α-synuclein-112, which lacks residues 103-130. α-synuclein’s physiological role is poorly understood, but the protein has been implicated in regulating dopamine release and transport, synaptic vesicle clustering, and functioning as a SNARE-complex chaperone. α-Synuclein fibrils are a major component of the intracellular Lewy bodies that are associated with Parkinson's disease, Lewy body dementia, and multiple system atrophy.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human alpha-synuclein aggregates
- This antibody is provided in 50% glycerol in aqueous buffered solutions with preservatives.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with HRP under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, the antibody solution should be stored undiluted at -20°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light.
IHC-P - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded immunohistochemical staining. For immunohistochemistry, a concentration range of 0.5 - 2.5 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2820154 (BioLegend Cat. No. 864903)
AB_2820155 (BioLegend Cat. No. 864904)
- Human α-synuclein is a 140 amino acid protein with a molecular mass of 14 kD.
Tissue distribution: Primarily nervous system, but lower expression in other tissues such as blood and skin.
Cellular distribution: Cytoskeleton, cytosol, lysosome, mitochondria, nucleus, plasma membrane, and extracellular.
- α-synuclein plays several roles in synaptic activity such as synaptic vesicle trafficking and neurotransmitter release. It is also involved in the regulation of gene expression.
- Interacts with various proteins, such as UCHL1, phospholipase D,histones and SNARE components.
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Mitochondrial Function, Neurodegeneration, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation, Protein Trafficking and Clearance, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- α-Synuclein, Presynaptic proteins, Synaptic Vesicle Trafficking/Endocytosis
- Antigen References
- Mor DE, et al. 2016. Neurobiol. Dis. 88:66.
- Jucker M and Walker LC. 2013. Nature. 501(7465):45.
- Bartels T, et al. 2011. Nature. 477(7362):107.
- Devine MJ, et al. 2011. Mov. Disord. 26:2160.
- Gene ID
- 6622 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about alpha-Synuclein on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.