- 3C10 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- T cell antigen receptor Vα7.2
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The 3C10 antibody recognizes the Vα7.2 T cell antigen receptor (TCR) α-chain segment which, joined with the Jα33 segment, constitutes an invariant TCR that is a characteristic of the mucosal-associated invariant T cells (MAIT cells). MAIT cells are restricted by a nonpolymorphic class Ib major histocompatibility complex (MHC) molecule, MHC-related molecule 1 (MR1). MAIT cells are present in human blood (1-8% of T cells), mesenteric lymph nodes, liver, and intestinal mucosa. MAIT cells play a role in detecting and fighting off microbial infections.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant TCR
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 510™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 510™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 510 nm. The bandpass filter 510/50 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 510™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Associated with an anti-CD161 or -IL18Ra staining, the 3C10 antibody allows unequivocal identification of MAIT cells. Importantly, the Va7.2 segment can also be used by conventional T cells. Therefore, the 3C10 also stains a subset of conventional CD4 and CD8 T cells.
- Application References
- Martin E, et al. 2009. PLoS Biol. 7:525.
- Wakao H, et al. 2013. Cell Stem Cell 12:1. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2562535 (BioLegend Cat. No. 351717)
- Invariant T cell antigen receptor (TCR) α-chain (iTCRa), composed of the invariant α-chain variable region 7.2 (iVα7.2) segment in humans
Mucosal-associated invariant T (MAIT) cells and conventional T cells
- Cell Type
- T cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Adaptive Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Le Bourhis L, et al. 2010. Nat. Immunol. 11:701.
- Gene ID
- 6955 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TCR V alpha7.2 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.