- GL3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T cell receptor γ/δ
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
T cell receptor (TCR) is a heterodimer consisting of an α and a β chain (TCR α/β) or a γ and a δ chain (TCR γ/δ). TCR γ/δ belongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily, which is involved in the recognition of certain bacterial and tumor antigens bound to MHC class I. γ/δ TCR associates with CD3 and is expressed on a T cell subset found in the thymus, the intestinal epithelium, and the peripheral lymphoid tissues and peritoneum. Most γ/δ T cells are CD4-/CD8- although some are CD8+. T cells expressing the γ/δ TCR have been shown to play a role in oral tolerance, tumor-associated tolerance, and autoimmune disease. It has been reported that γ/δ T cells also play a principal role in antigen presentation.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- C57BL/6J intraepithelial lymphocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
µg sizes: 0.2 mg/ml
µl sizes: lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For immunofluorescent staining using the µg size, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. For immunofluorescent staining using the µl size, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
The GL3 antibody has been shown to be useful in identifying γ/δ T cells by flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry and depleting γ/δ T cells in vivo. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen sections2,6, and in vivo depletion of γ/δ T cells3-5.
- Application References
- Goodman T, et al. 1989. J. Exp. Med. 170:1569. (FC, IP)
- Cardona AE, et al. 2003. Infect. Immun. 71:2634. (IHC)
- Kapp JA, et al. 2004. Immunology 111:155. (Deplete)
- Skelsey ME, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 166:4327. (Deplete)
- Ke Y, et al. 1997. J. Immunol. 158:3610. (Deplete)
- Podd BS, et al. 2006. J. Immunol. 176:6532. (IHC)
- Kasten KR, et al. 2010. Infect. Immun. 78:4714. (FC) PubMed
- Stadanlick JE, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 187:664. PubMed
- Van Belle AB, et al. 2012. J. Immunol. 188:462. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_10896753 (BioLegend Cat. No. 118119)
AB_2562566 (BioLegend Cat. No. 118120)
- Ig superfamily, associates with CD3 complex.
T cell subset in thymus, intestinal epithelium, peripheral lymphoid tissues and peritoneum, most γ/δ T cells are CD4-/CD8-, some are CD8+.
- Antigen recognition; γ/δ T cells are thought to play a role in tolerance.
- Some bacterial or tumor antigens bound to MHC class I.
- Cell Type
- Epithelial cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Adaptive Immunity, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
- Skarstein K, et al. 1995. Immunology. 81:497.
- Harrison LC, et al. 1996. J Exp Med. 184:2167.
- Wildner G, et al. 1996. Eur J Immunol. 26:2140.
- Brandes M, et al. 2005. Science. 309:264.
- Gene ID
- 110066 View all products for this Gene ID 110067 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TCR gamma/delta on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.