- HK1.4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Lymphocyte antigen 6 complex, locus C
- Rat IgG2c, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Most hematopoietic cells express one or more members of Ly-6 family. The expression of Ly-6 varies with development stage and activation. Ly-6C is a 14-17 kD GPI-linked surface protein expressed on mouse monocyte/macrophage cells, endothelial cells, neutrophils, and some T cell subsets. Ly-6C is reported to be an indicator of memory CD8+ T cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- L3 cloned CTL cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application. Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Clone HK1.4 does not block the binding of clone RB6-8C58.
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats of this clone) include: in vitro activation of T cells1-3 and immunohistochemistry of frozen sections4.
- Application References
- Jutila MA, et al. 1988. Eur. J. Immunol. 18:1819. (Activ)
- Herold KC, et al. 1990. Diabetes 39:815. (Activ)
- Havran WL, et al. 1988. J. Immunol. 140:1034 (Activ)
- Flanagan K, et al. 2008. J. Immunol. 180:3874. (IHC)
- Makaroff LE, et al. 2009. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 106:4799. (FC)
- Zuber J, et al. 2009. Genes Dev. 23:877. (FC) PubMed
- Ribechini E, et al. 2009. Eur. J. Immunol. 39:3538.
- Ma C, et al. 2012. J. Leukoc. Biol. 92:1199.
- Watson NB, et al. 2015. J Immunol. 194:2796. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2562177 (BioLegend Cat. No. 128031)
AB_2562178 (BioLegend Cat. No. 128032)
- 14-17 kD protein (134 amino acids), member of the Ly-6 family of GPI linked protein. Ly6 family members share structure homology throughout a distinctive cystein rich protein domain that incorporates O-linked carbohydrates.
Ly-6C is expressed primarily on bone marrow myeloid populations, monocytes/macrophages, neutrophils, endothelial cells, and some T cell subsets. Ly-6C is also a marker of memory CD8+ T cells.
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, Neutrophils, T cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Jutila MA, et al. 1988. Eur. J. Immunol. 18:1819.
2. Cerwenka A, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 161:97.
- Gene ID
- 17067 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Ly-6C on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.