- Poly5188 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interferon-γ, Immune interferon, Type II interferon, T cell interferon, Macrophage-activating factor (MAF), IFN-g, IFN-gamma
- Goat Polyclonal Ig
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Interferon-γ is a potent multifunctional cytokine which is secreted primarily by activated NK cells and T cells. Originally characterized based on anti-viral activities, IFN-γ also exerts anti-proliferative, immunoregulatory, and proinflammatory activities. IFN-γ can upregulate MHC class I and II antigen expression by antigen-presenting cells.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant rat IFN-γ
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by antigen affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection - Quality tested
WB - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA detection applications, a concentration range of 0.1 - 0.5 µg/mL is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of rat IFN-γ recombinant protein ranging from 2000 to 31 pg/mL are recommended for each ELISA plate. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection: The biotinylated poly5188 antibody is useful as the detection antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the purified DB-1 antibody (Cat. No. 507801 or 507808) as the capture antibody and recombinant rat IFN-γ (Cat. No. 580009) as the standard.
Note: For testing rat IFN-γ in serum, plasma or cell culture supernatant, BioLegend's ELISA Legend Max™ Kits (Cat. No. 439007 & 439008) are specially developed and recommended.
- Product Citations
AB_2561418 (BioLegend Cat. No. 518803)
- Cytokine, dimer, 40-80 kD (Mammalian)
- CD8+ and CD4+ T cells, NK cells
- Upregulated by IL-2, bFGF, EGF, downregulated by 1-α-25-Dihydroxy vitamin D3, dexamethasone
- T cells, B cells, macrophages, NK cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- IFN-γRα (CDw119) dimerized with IFN-γRβ (AF-1)
- Cell Type
- T cells, NK cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. De Maeyer E, et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:321.
3. Farrar M, et al. 1993. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 11:571.
4. Gray P, et al. 1987. Lymphokines 13:151.
- Gene ID
- 25712 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IFN-gamma on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Other FormatsView All IFN-γ Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Biotin anti-rat IFN-γ||Poly5188||ELISA Detection,WB|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.