- MP2-43D11 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-3, Burst promoting activity, Eosinophil colony stimulating factor (Eo-CSF), Hematopoietic cell growth factor (HCGF), Mast (MGF/MCGF), Multi-colony stimulating (Multi-CSF), P cell stimulating activity (PCSA), Thy1 inducing factor
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-3 is a highly species-specific pleiotropic factor produced primarily by activated T cells though also by mast cells keratinocytes, and astrocytes, which stimulates colony formation of megakaryocytes, neutrophils, and macrophages from bone marrow cultures. The MP2-43D11 antibody reacts with mouse interleukin-3 (IL-3). The MP2-43D11 antibody can not neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-3.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- COS-expressed, recombinant mouse IL-3
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA detection antibody, a concentration range of 0.5-2.0 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-3 recombinant protein ranging from 250 to 2 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate.
For use as an ELISPOT detection antibody, a concentration range of 1-4 µg/ml is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Detection1-5,7: The biotinylated MP2-43D11 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with purified MP2-8F8 antibody (Cat. No. 503902/503906) as the capture antibody.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, Western blotting, and immunohistochemical staining6 of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated tissue sections.
- Application References
- Abrams, J., et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Abrams, J., et al. 1988. J. Immunol. 140:131.
- Cockayne, D., et al. 1991. Growth Factors 5:171.
- Sander, B., et al. 1993. J. Immunol. Meth. 166:201.
- Abrams, J. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.20.
- Sander, B., et al. 1991. Immunol. Rev. 119:65.
- Karulin, A., et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 164:1862.
AB_2123875 (BioLegend Cat. No. 504002)
- Cytokine; 28 kD (Mammalian)
- Proliferation/differentiation of almost all types of hematopoietic progenitors into granulocytes, macrophages, erythroid cells, megakaryocytes, mast cell colonies; induces expression of 20-α-steroid dehydrogenase, histidine, ornithine decarboxylase
- Cell Sources
- Activated T cells, mast cells, eosinophils, keratinocytes, NK cells, endothelial cells
- Cell Targets
- Erythroid cells, megakaryocytes, neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils, mast cells, monocytic lineages
- Heterodimer IL-3Rα (CD123) and two alternate β-subunits, AIC2A binds IL-3 and is specific to IL-3Rα, AIC2B (CDw131) shared in common with IL-5R, GM-CSFR
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Frendl, G., 1992. Int. J. Immunopharmacol. 14:421.
3. Ihle, J., 1992. Chem. Immunology 51:65.
4. Valen T, P., et al. 1990. Blut 61:338.
- Upregulated by T cell stimulation; downregulated by glucocorticoids
- Gene ID
- 16187 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-3 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
|Biotin anti-mouse IL-3||MP2-43D11||ELISA Detection,ELISPOT Detection|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.