- C17.8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-12 p40, Interleukin-23 p40, Cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor (CLMF), Natural killer cell stimulatory factor (NKSF), CTL maturation factor (TcMF), T-cell stimulating factor (TSF)
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The C17.8 antibody reacts with mouse IL-12 p40 subunit of the IL-12 p70 heterodimer and IL-23 p40 subunit of the IL-23 p19/p40, as well as p40 monomer and homodimer. The C17.8 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-12.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- CHO expressed, recombinant mouse IL-12 p70
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
ELISA Detection, ELISPOT Detection, ICFC
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA detection antibody, a concentration range of 0.25-1.0 µg/ml is recommended. For use as an ELISPOT detection antibody, a concentration range of 0.5-2.0 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of IL-12 recombinant protein ranging from 250 to 2 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA Detection1,2,6-9 or ELISPOT Detection: The biotinylated C17.8 antibody is useful as a detection antibody for a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the purified C15.6 antibody (Cat. No. 505202/505208) as capture antibody and recombinant mouse IL-12/IL-23 p40 (Cat. No. 576909) or recombinant mouse IL-12 p70 (Cat. No. 577009) as the standard.
Neutralization1,2,4,5,6,10: The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of mouse IL-12 bioactivity in vivo and in vitro (Cat. No. 505304). For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 505308) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin <0.01 EU/µg).
Additional reported applications (for relevant formats of this clone) include: Western blotting3, immunoprecipitation3, and intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis.
Note: For testing mouse IL-12 p40 (monomer, dimer, heterodimer) in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 431601 to 431606) are specially developed and recommended.
- Application References
- Kitagaki K, et al. 2002. Clin. Diagn. Lab Immunol. 9:1260.
- Reichmann G, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 163:3354.
- Wysocka M, et al. 1995. Eur. J. Immunol. 25:672.
- Neucath M, et al. 1995. J. Exp. Med. 182:1281.
- Cousens LP, et al. 1999 J. Exp. Med. 189:1315.
- Gately M. 1995. Curr. Prot. Immunol. John Wiley and Sons, New York. Unit 6.16.
- O'Connell PJ, et al. 2006. Blood 107:1010.
- Dzhagalov I, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 178:2113.
- Xu G, et al. 2007. J. Immunol. 179:5358. PubMed
- Sugimoto K, et al. 2007. Gastroenterology 133:124. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_315373 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505301)
AB_315374 (BioLegend Cat. No. 505302)
- Cytokine; monomer, heterodimer (p40:p35 or p40:p19) or homodimer (p40:p40)
- IL-12 p70 (p40:p35) induces IFN-γ, TNF-a production in T and NK cells; costimulation of PBL proliferation; proliferation/differentiation of TH1 T lymphocytes. IL-23 (p40:p19) induces proliferation and production of IFN-γ by human me
- Cell Sources
- Dendritic cells, monocytes/macrophages, B cells, T cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, NK cells
- IL-12Rβ1 binds p40; dimeric with IL-12Rβ2 binds p35
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Quesniaux V. 1992. Research Immunol. 143:385.
3. Trinchieri G, et al. 1992 Prog. Growth Factor Res. 4:355.
4. Trinchieri G, et al. 1993 Immunol. Today. 14:335.
5. Oppmann B, et al. 2000 Immunity. 13:715.
6. Aggarwal S, et al. 2003 J. Biol. Chem. 278:1910.
7. Parham C, et al. 2002 J. Immunol. 168:5699.
8. Belladonna ML, et al. 2002 J. Immunol. 168:5448.
9. Lankford CS, et al. 2003 J. Leukoc. Biol. 73:49.
- Downregulated by IL-10; homodimeric p40 antagonistic to functional p70 heterodimer; p40 monomer has no function; p40 subunit in common with IL-23
- Gene ID
- 16160 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-12/IL-23 p40 on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
|Biotin anti-mouse IL-12/IL-23 p40 (monomer, dimer, heterodimer)||C17.8||ELISA Detection,ELISPOT Detection,ICFC|
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse IL-12/IL-23 p40 (monomer, dimer, heterodimer)||C17.8||ELISA,Neut,ICFC,IP,WB|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.