- TR75-32.4 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- TNFRII, TNFR type II, p75, TNFR80, TNFRSF1B
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD120b is a 75 kD type I transmembrane protein, also known as Tumor Necrosis Factor Receptor Type II (TNFRII) or p75. It is expressed on a variety of cells at low levels; the expression is upregulated upon activation. This receptor binds both TNF-α and LT-α (also known as TNF-β). In association with TRAF1 and TRAF2, the receptor crosslinking induced by TNF-α or LT-α trimers is critical for signal transduction, leading to apoptosis, NF-kB activation, increased expression of proinflammatory genes, tumor necrosis, and cell differentiation depending on cell type and differentiation state. The TR75-32.4 antibody has been shown to block ligand-induced receptor signaling.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- E. coli -expressed mouse Type II TNFR
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated biotin.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
ELISA Detection - Reported in the literature
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay and/or immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For ELISA detection applications, a concentration range of 0.125-0.5 µg/ml is recommended. To obtain a linear standard curve, serial dilutions of TNF R Type II/p75 recombinant protein ranging from 250 to 4 pg/ml are recommended for each ELISA plate. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Flow Cytometry: For most successful immunofluorescent staining results, it may be important to maximize signal over background by using a relatively bright fluorochrome-antibody conjugate or by using a high sensitivity, three-layer staining technique (e.g., including a biotinylated antibody (Cat. No. 113204) or biotinylated anti-Armenian hamster IgG second step (Cat. No. 405501), followed by SAv-PE (Cat. No. 405204)).
ELISA Detection1: The biotinylated TR75-32.4 antibody is useful as a detection antibody when paired with the purified TR75-54.7 antibody (Cat. No. 113303/113304) as the capture antibody.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunofluorescent staining, immunoprecipitation1 and receptor blocking1. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 113202).
- Application References
- Sheehan KC, et al. 1995. J. Exp. Med. 181:607.
AB_313538 (BioLegend Cat. No. 113203)
- TNFR superfamily, 75 kD
- Variety of cell types at low levels
- Apoptosis, NF-κB activation, inflammation, tumor necrosis, cell differentiation
- TNF-α, LT-α (TNF-β)
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Aggarwal BB, et al. 1985. Nature 318 665.
2. Chan FKM, et al. 2000. Science 288:2351.
3. Loetscher H, et al. 1990. Cell 61:351.
4. Rothe J, et al. 1993. Nature 364:798.
- Gene ID
- 21938 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD120b on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.