- JSB-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- P-glycoprotein 1, ABC20, CLCS, GP170, MDR1, P-GP, PGY1, colchicin sensitivity, doxorubicin resistance, multidrug resistance protein 1, ATP-binding cassette, sub-family B (MDR/TAP), member 1, MRP1, Multidrug resistance protein 1, P-glycoprotein 1
Signet Catalog# 8730-01
Covance Catalog# SIG-38730
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD243 (MDR-1) belongs to the ATP binding cassette (ABC) transporter family. With an approximate molecular mass of 170 kD, it consists of two homologous halves. Each half contains two hydrophobic transmembrane domains (TMDs) and two hydrophilic nucleotide binding domains (NBDs). The TMDs span the membrane six times, forming a chamber with a 12 transmembrane α-helix structure. NBDs drive the transport process through ATP coupling and hydrolysis and are located at the cytoplasmic face of the membrane. CD243 transports various molecules across cellular membranes and is involved in multidrug resistance. MDR-1 is expressed on hematopoietic stem cells, T cells, B cells, and NK cells as well as on many multidrug resistant neoplastic cells. CD243 interacts with Caveolin, RING finger protein 1B, AAP1, p53, Orphan nuclear receptor PX, and cytochrome P450.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against a multidrug-resistant Chinese hamster ovary cell line (CHrC5).
- Phosphate-buffered solution with BSA + 0.1% NaN3.
- Tissue Culture Supernatant
- Storage & Handling
- Store between 2°C and 8°C.
IHC-P, ICC, WB, FC
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunohistochemical staining.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• IHC: ≥1:40 for Biotin based detection systems such as USA Ultra Streptavidin Detection (Cat. No. 929501).
Tissue Sections: Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues.
Pretreatment: For optimal staining, the sections should be pretreated with an antigen unmasking solution such as Retrieve-All 1 (Cat. No. 927901).
Incubation: 60 minutes at room temperature.
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB), immunohistochemistry (IHC), immunocytochemistry (ICC), and flow cytometry (FC).
ICC Positive Cell Lines: Drug-sensitive parental cell lines and their multidrug-resistant derivatives.
IHC Positive Tissue: Human liver (positive staining detected along luminal surfaces of bile canaliculi) or human colon (positive staining localized to luminal surface of secretaory epithelium).
JSB-1 identifies an independent, strongly conserved cytoplasmic epitope present on the mammalian MDR1 P-glycoprotein molecule. JSB-1 does not cross-react with MDR3 P-glycoprotein. JSB-1 has been shown to cross-react with Pyruvate Carboxylase (PC), an abundant 130kDa mitochondrial enzyme, on both immunoblots and immunohistochemical tissue sections. Unequivocal plasma membrane patterns of immunostaining represent true P-glycoprotein expresssion. Weak homogeneous, cytoplasmic, or granular patterns of reactivity may represent staining of the PC cross-reactive epitope rather than positive staining for P-glycoprotein.
- Application References
- Scheper RJ, et al. 1998. Int. J. Cancer. 42:389.
- Schinkel AH, et al. 1991. Cancer Res. 51:2628.
- Tiirikainen MI, et al. 1992. Annals Hematol. 65:124.
- Goasquen JE, et al. 1993. Blood 81:2394.
- Itsubo M, et al. 1994. Cancer 73:298.
- Klimecki WT, et al. 1994. Blood 83:2451.
- Tiirikainen MI, et al. 1992. Ann. Hematol. 65:124. (FC)
- Mahadevan D, et al. 2013. Cancer. 119:371. (IHC) PubMed
- Beck WT, et al. 1996. Cancer Res. 56:3010. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2565004 (BioLegend Cat. No. 901401)
|Anti-CD243 (ABCB1, P-glycoprotein 1)||JSB-1||IHC-P, ICC, WB, FC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.